• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Walker replica

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few days ago, in posts 48, 49, and 50, I showed pictures of how I made a paper pattern for a holster. Today I finished making the holster, and took pictures, so now there will be a start-to-finish documentation.

This holster is for my 1978 made Uberti replica of a Griswold & Gunnison revolver, .36 caliber, 7-1/2" barrel. I have never made two holsters the same. This one started as an idea from a picture I saw on the internet, then I added my own touches, and even revised that as I went along.

After I made the pattern, I transferred that to a piece of leather...
100_6658.JPG

100_6659.JPG

I added some decorative details to this one.
100_6660.JPG
100_6661.JPG
100_6662.JPG

^^^ The welt is attached to the inside side of the holster with contact adhesive to hold in in place while stitching.
100_6663.JPG

The holster body has been dyed and a finish applied, and is now ready for assembly.

Last edited:
I just did my Walker cylinder using vinegar and it couldn't have been easier, taking about 15min from start to finish.
Having now removed the blue I think I'd like to grey/ brown it slightly, create a slight uneven patina. How should I go about it - cold blue on a soft rag and work it in ? Or plum brown on a soft rag ? Love to get your ideas.

Here is an update to the holster I made last weekend for my replica Griswold & Gunnison revolver. After looking at the holster for a while I did not like the bland lines of the loop, and the color did not match well, even though I used the same dye.

So tonight I removed the brass rivets and trimmed the loop to make it more to my liking. I also added some tooling details, which tied it in with the main holster body. I then stained the loop darker, again to match better, added another finish coat, dressed the edges, and then reassembled it. Now I am very pleased with the results, and this is how it will stay.
100_6674.JPG

100_6675.JPG
100_6676.JPG

100_6677.JPG

100_6678.JPG

100_6681.JPG

100_6682.JPG

100_6683.JPG

Excellent

Here is an update to the holster I made last weekend for my replica Griswold & Gunnison revolver. After looking at the holster for a while I did not like the bland lines of the loop, and the color did not match well, even though I used the same dye.

So tonight I removed the brass rivets and trimmed the loop to make it more to my liking. I also added some tooling details, which tied it in with the main holster body. I then stained the loop darker, again to match better, added another finish coat, dressed the edges, and then reassembled it. Now I am very pleased with the results, and this is how it will stay.
View attachment 41543
View attachment 41544View attachment 41545
View attachment 41546
View attachment 41547
View attachment 41548
View attachment 41549
View attachment 41550

Apologies to the OP, but could you found these ? Is this it ?
https://www.amazon.com/Danco-Rubber-Ring-bag-35726W/dp/B0044FWM12
Those are probably too small. I use a 5/8" ID or a 3/4" ID O-ring. The 5/8" is slightly on the tight side, but it works fine.

SDSmlf, I have seen videos about working on the spring. I notice they had mixed results, and the levers all drooped down afterward because metal had been removed from the catch. The O-ring works for me. It may not be PC, but then neither is the Jeep Wrangler I use to drive to the range to shoot it, or the digital camera I used to photograph it.

I first tried a thin strip of leather to hold the lever in place. It all but completely blocked off the view of the front sight, so I rejected that idea.

^^^ Works great, except you cant see the front sight. 🤨
Needs to be a ‘thin’ piece of leather. And as far as working the notch in the retaining spring, it help with eliminating the lever dropping with all loading levels, petty much completely eliminating it with loads under 40 grains of powder, at least with my gun.

Latest posts

Back