• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My 7 Years War, S.W. NC. near Whiteside Mountain, Scottish Regalia & Jim Chamber's place

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Samouce

40 Cal
Reaction score
1595186224130-608.jpg
159518626014714.jpg
1595186279376810.jpg
1595123628252406.jpg
FB_IMG_1595122627755.jpg

These where taken this weekend in Asheville NC at their Botanical Garden.

The day before I was picking out my Rifle kit at Jim Chambers Rifles.
received_306602277054125.jpeg

I chose the Mark Silver Virginia rifle with the swamp barrel, and English lock. (below photo)

received_951122302016191.jpeg

The rest of these are Consignment Rifles they are selling averaging $5-12k each! Yikes!
received_283202699620968.jpeg

received_1150683781959107.jpeg

I have a cousin who is a flintlock shooter who has a Jim Chambers built Isaac Haines Lancaster style rifle. Recently while attending his son's wedding in NC he was staying a few miles down the road from Chamber's shop and stopped in for a visit. Boy, was he ever excited about getting to meet the man who built one of his guns.

Good for you Jerry. I imagine that just on the garb it is involved and time consuming. I envy your location...hopefully I will be out of the northeast hell hole and join the rest of you in America...Piedmont section
He he he
Please feel free to join us down here in Real Constitutional America as soon as you can!

Dumb question of the day

In your 2nd pic, your pistol is missing it's lock. Uhmmmm.....why?

Dumb question of the day

In your 2nd pic, your pistol is missing it's lock. Uhmmmm.....why?
2 reasons...

1. Ashville Botanical Gardens has a no firearms policy. without the lock, its just a club.
2. The lock had a bad frison and and a damaged full cock tumbler. The day before, I had left the entire Lock at Jim Chamber's shop to have it repaired.

good eye!

In the first picture of the Chambers rifles, what models are the top two rifles?

Good pics and Nice to see Jim's place.

Your kilt is owwer long though..

Yeah it slipped... and when those roll on the ground great kilts slip you gotta take everything off, lay the 7 yard long tartan back on the ground, put the belt back under it, re pleat it and lay back down on it to get the belt on, just to hope it doesn't slip again. Sooo, I said the heck with it.

In the first picture of the Chambers rifles, what models are the top two rifles?
I am not sure what the top one is... (a Pennsylvania rifle?) But the second from the top is the Mark Silver Virginia Rifle and the rifle kit that I purchased because it fit me the best.... both physically and geo-historically for the NC militia Scott Patriot I plan to interpret.

Back