• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wholesale Hunter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the big internet gun dealers are all saying they are swapped.Most say 30 days or more to process a order.Been looking for a Pedersoli Sharps rifle and eveybody's inventory of Italian guns is way down,or way overpriced.

I would not give them any business at all. Was a customer once, never again. On the other hand, Dixie Gun Works, Track of the Wolf, and Taylor's have been excellent to me.

They replied to an e-mail from me today and said the pistol I ordered was on backorder and the maker hasn't provided them with an eta...
Bottom line is they are selling things they don't have !

They did the same thing to me. I immediately cancelled my order. Will not do business with them. They bait you with low prices.

Patriot

This illustrates what I had speculated after looking at Gunbroker recently. That a number of "auction" listings are for retail available guns, the postings are using stock photos. They obviously have to purchase the guns from a distributor and make a profit on them so you are not going to end up getting any kind of great deal. "Shipping and processing" fees are common in these transactions. You are much better off purchasing from a reputable store. Gunbroker in general seems to be the worst place to look for muzzleloaders, The prices tend to be above what seems to be regular market value.
I agree for the most part, a lot of gun stores and pawn shops advertising on Gunbroker---but that is o.k. as it gives them nationwide exposure and buyers a greater amount of options. The blackpowder gun section is definitely dominated by retailers as is evident by the stock photos. However, if you are patient and vigilant, you can still find good deals on good stuff. Earlier this year I picked up a North Star West NW trade gun for about 1/2 the price of what it probably would have gone for one this forum. I chalk that up to the viewers on Gunbroker (sellers too) largely not being as familiar with the items and their values as would be the people on this more specialized forum.

I’ve done okay on pawn shop purchases. You have to know what the item is worth, be willing to haggle and have cash to buy on the spot. I also check back occasionally and if the item has been sitting on the shelf I will give a low offer to “help” them move it. I suspect most pawn shops have about 1/2 or less invested in what the asking price is.

Latest posts

Back