• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Single vs set trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Single trigger, I want a "two stage" of 4 pounds. So you take up the slack, it tightens, 4 pounds to pull. Clean, crisp, no creep, staging, grit, etc.

I also like double set triggers: never hunted with one but plan to, now that I own five of them. 😍

CZ USA has (or at least had, not sure now) a single set trigger you "set" but pushing it forward. I like the idea.

Several years ago I bought I think from Brownells, a trigger pull scale. Dont use it much, but it is handy at times.

Fleener

MY GPR has a double trigger as do several other rifles. My Lyman Trade rifle has a single trigger that was pretty stout. On Lyman locks the sear spring is a coil spring inside a plunger that engages the sear. A lighter sear plunger spring makes all the difference in the world for trigger pull. My former 6+# Trqde Rifle spring is now around 3#. A locksmith has a great assortment of proper diameter springs to choose from, and the sear may need to be worked a little to pivot freely and not drag.

Latest posts

Back