• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

August 2020 Postal Match – V Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot my target today. Aside from choking on my last two shots, I think it went well. The final score will have to be up to the judges though. Depending on there generosity I figure I can come out with a score of 6, 9, 13, or 16.

Target 21 AUG 2020.jpg

I decided to not mail mine. Something was bad wrong and I only hit the paper 4 times. My zero score with the revolver was actually better shooting than with the rifle. Better luck next month maybe.
Hey Brother, you should send it in anyhow, somebody has to hold up the bottom end. Still beats mine, I didn't shoot..

As of Wednesday August 26 I have received targets from the following members:
58 Caliber
BouseBill
flinter1977
Grenadier1758
Maven
nessmuk
Richard Dittman
Squarebore

The deadline is Monday. The good news is there is a weekend betwixed now and the 31st. Make, shoot and send your targets.

August V-Target Final Results
I’m sorry for taking a bit long to post the results for the August shoot. I gave the postal service an extra couple days because of the Labor Day holiday plus I’ve noticed their service has slowed a bit over the last few weeks also.

Our August postal match was a combined craft project and shoot. I must say, everyone did excellent making your targets – everyone receives extra credit for the craft part of this month’s shoot. :)

We had a total of 15 shooters including 2 who also shot and sent in pistol targets. In comparison we had 17 shooters and 3 of those shooters also submitted targets they shot with pistols in July. Hopefully we can get a few more shooters in future shoots.

• The top three scoring members for rifle are listed in the first chart. I placed Nessmuk in second place with 16-V because he landed a ball perfectly in the valley of the V. 🎯 I’ll attach a picture so ya-all can see.
  • The second chart has all shooters listed in alphabetical order with caliber and load remarks.
  • The third chart has the pistol results. I am very impressed with BouseBill’s score of 20 with a pistol. Well done!

Rifle Top 3 Scores
Member​
Score​
V​
Professor flintlock
23​
Nessmuk
16​
1​
Ames
16​
k.jacobfrost
16​
Maven
16​
Richard Dittman
16​

Rifle All Shooters Alphabetical w/Remarks
Member​
Score​
V​
Remarks​
58 Caliber
13​
.45, 50gr 3f, .440, .015 spit patch
Adkmountainken
15​
.40 Golden Age Arms
Ames
16​
.50 Late Lancaster cap, 70gr 2f Goex, .490, .018 spit
BouseBill
0​
.45 KY flint, 60 gr 3f, .445 round w/Teflon patch
cankeney
6​
.50 Traditions cap, 24”- 1:48 bbl, 60gr 3f Goex, .490, .015 tow-mink oil
flinter1977
10​
.54 TC Grey Hawk, 90 gr 2f, .530, pt patch
Grenadier1758
6​
.36 flint, 35 gr 3f Goex, .350, .018 patch w/ 1pt soluble oil to 7 pt water (moosemilk)
Josephg
3​
.38 Old Picket 20 gr 1-1/2 Swiss – ? sight. Mirage effect… Dang!
k.jacobfrost
16​
.50 cap, 50 gr 3f Goex.490, .010 Per Lube 2000 Plus. 34” – 1:60 bbl.
Maven
16​
.50 Lyman GP, 50 gr 2f Graf’s (Goex) .492 RCBS ball, .018 pt patch w/ 1:6 Ballistol – water lube. (moose milk). 1:60 twist
Nessmuk
16​
1​
.45 parts rifle, 30 gr 3f Goex, .440
Professor flintlock
23​
.32, 26 gr 3f, .315, .022 sail cloth w/tallow & beeswax lube. Green Mtn half stock. Non-adj peep sight.
Rawhide67
6​
.45 TC Seneca
Richard Dittman
16​
.50 TC Hawken
Squarebore
13​
.54 flint trade gun, no rear sight

Pistol
Member​
Score​
Remarks​
BouseBill
20​
.45 TC Patriot, 20 gr 3f , .445, moose milk lube
Flinter1977
0​
.44 ASM Army Revolver, 25 gr 3f, RB

Attachments

• Nessmuk-August V.2.jpg
    Nessmuk-August V.2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 84
I'm also still above the terra firma. These little H A's are really a nuisance. Hate being told to take it easy or RISK a permanent "Adios!" So I've been easing to activity I can live with. I was hoping to do the August target. I'll be trying to get then okay to go since I've been a gooood lad. I need some fun. See soon!

For these 25 yard targets I'm using an original old picket rifle with a strap sight. Using a patched round ball. My sights are low as they will go and I'm still having to hold six inches under the aiming point with only 20 grains of powder. Thought I better mention it since seeing the ? mark in my equipment list. Only rifle I have that will shoot close, that close. The front sight is a globe with boars brush.

Attachments

• Unmarked .38 picket rifle (4).JPG
    Unmarked .38 picket rifle (4).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 71
Back