• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Stopping by again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been gone for quite sometime, real life took control.
Was Ringel05 which some of you probably remember unkindly........ Unfortunately tried to log back in, didn't remember my old password and when I went to reset it said member not found. Re-registered using my old nic and it told me that name was already taken....... :doh:
Well, hello to everyone and hope all are doing well.

Well, I'm old and physically disabled (and the wife would say mentally, too) but if the creek don't rise and the election doesn't start a war, I believe the future will be as tight as an owl and neat as a country dog eating town shaving cream!

Well, I'm old and physically disabled (and the wife would say mentally, too) but if the creek don't rise and the election doesn't start a war, I believe the future will be as tight as an owl and neat as a country dog eating town shaving cream!
I think I'm visiting some of my "old haunts" for therapy, lost my wife to cancer a couple of weeks ago, one of my brothers just left after a short "pick me up" visit and left me my dad's old Investarms Hawken kit which made me think of this place.
Oh and ditto with the physically disabled part.

Yeah, know exactly how ya feel....lost my wife, too. And it took a while to quit visiting places that reminded me, as the "old haunts" are meaningful. Sorry. Good for you that your bro thought to give you a "pick me up" visit. Needed at such times.

And putting together the real thing out of that Hawken kit will help...Best.

Yeah, know exactly how ya feel....lost my wife, too. And it took a while to quit visiting places that reminded me, as the "old haunts" are meaningful. Sorry. Good for you that your bro thought to give you a "pick me up" visit. Needed at such times.

And putting together the real thing out of that Hawken kit will help...Best.
The first week was hell then I had a friend come by with Chinese food and we talked all night. The second week came and I started that downward spiral again, my brother called, heard it in my voice and drove down from eastern Kansas, I'm in Albuquerque. That helped immensely.
Unfortunately my brother never opened the box when he first took it home so we opened it here, my dad had put it together Took the barrel off and put both barrel and completed stock back in the box. He did a good job for the most part but the barrel wouldn't fit well enough to get the wedge all the way in, had to file down the brass fore end and shave a tiny amount of wood on the inside, about 1/32 of an inch, fits like a clove now.
I have a massive list of things to get done around the house that I let go over the last year then I can get back to my French Tulle kit that's been sitting unfinished in a closet for years. I'm sorry for your loss also.

Back