• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lyman Enfield Musketoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EN

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know who made the Lyman Enfield Musketoon? I can see some marks on the barrel but they are not clear.

Armi San Paolo. Brass barrel bands? Very accurate with 60gr FFG and a lyman minie.

Here's mine

Attachments

• IMG_20191011_183711.jpg
    IMG_20191011_183711.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20190324_164724_kindlephoto-9188139.jpg
    IMG_20190324_164724_kindlephoto-9188139.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 125
That was at 50 yards. 10 rounds straight no stopping. I found the rifle in my Dads basement probably had been there since the early 80's. I need to replace the rear sight ladder, he filed it down instead of raising the front post. It easy to load fun to shoot and a good rifle. The fliers in the group where probably a combo of playing with lube and a horrible sight picture.

The one that I've seen - the ONLY one, I might add - appeared to be every bit as nicely-made as my Parker-Hale, even to the five-groove rifling. The wood was just glorious, too, far too good for a knockabout military piece. I don't recall the brass barrel bands though. I'll have to see if I ever took a pic of it, just for the lovely stock.

now your group has bragging rights! is ARMY SAN PAULO still making them, still in business?

That was at 50 yards. 10 rounds straight no stopping. I found the rifle in my Dads basement probably had been there since the early 80's. I need to replace the rear sight ladder, he filed it down instead of raising the front post. It easy to load fun to shoot and a good rifle. The fliers in the group where probably a combo of playing with lube and a horrible sight picture.
I would try Gun Parts, Ebay and Dixie Gun Works. Also Military and Historical Arms in Globe Az. I believe Paul Milbury is still there running the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
toot, they are not. I think I read that Armi & Euroarms we’re absorbed by Pedersoli, while trying to find a spare cylinder for my Armi Rogers & Spencer.
ppg1949, thank you for the come back. if you would know, if parts are needed for a SNNPALO or EUROARMS, can they be had from PEDERSOLI?

Cowboy, That rifle looks great. Mine has a lot of patina after sitting in a basement for 30+ years. I have two of these lymans and yours makes me want to take the second one a restore it now too. Did you refinish the stock? Mine seem to have a factory varnish on them and don't have that warm oil finish your seems to have. What did you do to that stock?

Latest posts

Back