• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

36cal. Twister questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked this 36cal. Twister pistol up at a show and the only thing I know about is it's never been shot and I have no idea how to shoot it... I mean I don't have any idea what ball it takes his much powderto use does it even take a patch . I've looked on line a can't find anything I do know my. 375 36cal. Round ball is to big so I was hoping one of you experts could help me along.... Thanks in advance....
IMG_20200820_194208.jpg

Cool looking little gun. Somebody in a good gun shop should be able to measure the bore for you.
For powder, maybe like 5 or 10 grains to start with. Don't think you can go too heavy.
Good luck with it.

They were made by Classic Arms along with a pepperbox, duck foot, snake eyes and the New Orleans Ace back in the 70s. They were available as a kit or finished. I have one of the kits somewhere, haven't seen it in over 35 years but I'll get 'round to it one of these days. Obviously they are a smoothbore and will need a patched round ball. I can't help with the diameter but I would not go over 10 grains of 3f.

I have one of their pepperboxes,and it uses a .350 ball in the smoothbore barrel. I am guessing the Twister would be the same.

Classic's stuff was not really "traditional", but in the spirit, and they made some neat little guns.

Latest posts

Back