• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Colt 2nd Gen 3rd Model Dragoon unfired

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Unfired Colt 2nd generation 3rd model Dragoon for sale. I don't have the original box. This Colt is part of my collection that was bought from the original collector in the late 80's and has been in the safe since then. My health and age are working against me and I don't want to leave the burden of selling the collection to my wife. The Dragoon is a Model F1740 made in 1981 with a total production of 2731 total units. There is absolutely no rust, and the bore and chambers are in perfect condition. The screw heads are untouched. There is a very faint turn line on the cylinder from the previous owner who was a collector of 2nd gen Colts with over 250 models in his collection. It has a 7 1/2 barrel, 7 groove left hand twist like the originals, weighs 66 ounces, German silver front sight blade, V notch rear, brass backstrap and trigger guard, one piece oiled American walnut grips. Colt specifies 35-40 grains of 3f black powder with 37 grains as a recommended load, number 11 caps, .457 pure lead round ball or pure lead conicals. If you need any additional photos or information let me know. Asking $675 shipped USPS Priority Mail fully insured where legal. I use the shipping guidelines of Cabelas before they stopped shipping black powder arms. I can take Paypal F&F or add the fees or a US Postal Money order only. If paying with Paypal please remit the payment within 24 hours of your I'll take it or I will assume that you are no longer interested and have to pass it to the next buyer. If sending a money order we can work out the details by phone. If interested please start a conversation so we don't take up space on the forum and we can plan on a conversation by phone to finalize the details. I like talking with buyers instead of typing due to paralysis in my right hand. I will provide tracking and IMG_4841.JPGIMG_4842.JPGIMG_4843.JPGIMG_4845.JPG
insurance details when shipped. Other cased 2nd gen Colts will be listed as time permits.

Thanks Lenny, there are many more to come. Why spend over a $1000 on repop LeMat when you can have a genuine Colt for less?

Will you be listing any other Colt 2nd gen's in the near future ? 1862 Pocket Navy ? 1851 Navy ? 1861 Navy ?

Last edited:
When you get to others, will they all be Colts?

Thanks

fdf

Thank you, Henry. Pictures don't do them any favors either. The fit, finish, and feel of a genuine Colt is very different from the reproductions of today.

I've had several original Colts through the years that I sold to a museum many years ago in a fit of insanity and you are right. The original Colts were very very good but didn't have the metallurgy available to them that we have today. Mine just need new homes so I don't leave a headache to my wife when I'm gone.

I might consider trades for a stainless Ruger Old Army with adj sights or Uberti or Pietta Colt Paterson with attached loading lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back