• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I like big butts , can not lie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the pics guys . I found out my musket components are coming .

Attachments

• 36A9E267-9695-492E-A15C-61F26291982E.png
    36A9E267-9695-492E-A15C-61F26291982E.png
    459.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 430B3FEF-D340-4339-8016-B8251A442731.png
    430B3FEF-D340-4339-8016-B8251A442731.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
After building a number of flintlocks, I am looking for something different. How does the miquelet lock compare to the usual flintlocks in ignition speed? I saw a couple on Youtube that looked comparable, but they were shown in slow motion.

who doesn't like BIG BERTHA BUTS? I for one am a BIG BUT MAN, and also like FISH TAIL BUTS.

All the above show a refreshing option to the usual Long rifle theme and no hint of factory er' 'pieces' going on copper caps .(Showing of course the widest streak of flintlock snobbery !) No I admire imagination in gun making, good to see it.
Rudyard

WKD, some info on that beautiful piece please?

This is a Hudson Fowler I just finished. 47" tapered round 20 gauge barrel (by Bob Hoyt) a lock from The Rifle Shop (early French) all brass copied cast and copied from original guns.
I have it listed in the Firearms for Sale section. Taking offers.

Ooooh Gentlemen, I believe I am in love! The big butts give balance where it should be, and makes pass shooting with a long barrel a thing of beauty! I'm presently working on a big butted canoe gun using a broken and cut down Virginia rifle, iron furniture with a 30" Oct/round .50 caliber barrel (Green Mountain) and a Siler classic style percussion lock (I know, I know,) which a fellow gentleman and scholar from Missouri named Tenn-something graciously took a hell of a loss on so I could afford it. The stock balances up to my right arm like a glove and takes the weight off the fore end so I can hold it nicely with my crippled left arm. I have a Springfield 1863 musket barrel opened to .60 cal. smoothbore that I intend to make a late percussion ( I know, I know,) Trade gun out of, and the breech is big enough to justify a BIG butted stock. With the heavier 'buck and ball' 40" barrel, I believe it will be a real beauty. I might be prejudiced though, since my Mother's maiden name was -get this- Butts!

Back