• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Haz Mat Shipping Charge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caps can be sent UPS with the proper markings on the package.

I believe you also have to ship from the Customer Service office at a hub. That is true of shipping BP firearms via UPS. They only ship firearms and hazmat via ground. On another related subject, a nice piece of advice I got from a worker at a hub that was a BP shooter was that if you take the pistol apart (read: in two pieces) it can be shipped via air as ‘black powder pistol parts.

Maybe with barbless hooks?
Actually, I am primarily a flyfisherman. I make my own rods, and tie all my flies, and YES: they are barbless.:thumb:
It wouldn't help. If you do C&R the tree huggers will say you're torturing the fish. Which isn't far from the truth. To be honest. I'm more comfortable killing big game to eat than I am catching trout and releasing them. It's like just wounding big game and letting them run off. I've backed off from fishing this year for that very reason. The answer is to catch the fish and eat them but i'm not a fish eater. I prefer meat.
Fish can be safely and humanely released. There are techniques to do this, though I have nothing against eating fish! When I was a young man, my wife, son, and I took a road trip from a good ways inside Mexico to mid-Washington state. Fly fished the whole way. If I didn't catch trout, we didn't eat. Took a while for me to get my trout-tastebuds back. What a trip, about 3 months as I recall: praying the VW bus wouldn't break down.

Actually, I am primarily a flyfisherman. I make my own rods, and tie all my flies, and YES: they are barbless.:thumb:

Fish can be safely and humanely released. There are techniques to do this, though I have nothing against eating fish! When I was a young man, my wife, son, and I took a road trip from a good ways inside Mexico to mid-Washington state. Fly fished the whole way. If I didn't catch trout, we didn't eat. Took a while for me to get my trout-tastebuds back. What a trip, about 3 months as I recall: praying the VW bus wouldn't break down.

It has nothing to do with the release itself. The huggers object to the fight and then releasing it.

It has nothing to do with the release itself. The huggers object to the fight and then releasing it.
Understood. "Playing" a fish, specially on under weight tackle is a big No-No. Exhausted fish must be revived before release, but they should not be exhausted in the first place.

As others already stated; Graf & Sons has the cheapest shipping and Haz fees, or at least they did last November when I got mine....I compared prices everywhere I could find online. Plus they are the only ones I found offering a minimum of 4lbs.

As for Cabelas/BassPro - I have Had It with them!!
Long story short: I tried to order some ammo (in store delivery only now, first aggravation) but I put two items labeled "In Stock" in my basket, at checkout it said "Not enough of one item in stock"???
So, I took it out, put another brand in my basket - completed my purchase..
NEXT DAY I got an e-mail saying "Order partially Canceled, item no longer available" ??!!? But it said my remaining item was "Preparing to Ship" , should have been 3-5 days....but Two Weeks later I was told by a rep on the phone:
"We dont actually have it, but be are Expecting it from our Supplier..." ??!!??

Uh, I am pretty sure that if one does Not Have It then IT is Not "In Stock"!!!

Anyway, I finally got after a 4 week wait, had to go pick it up in Boomtown, NV....looked around, their shelves are EMPTY!!

Now, similar issue at Sportsman Warehouse!
There the shelves are Empty but they say you can order online have shipped to your door - Nope! I order online and it says "InStore Pickup Only" (we have No background check here for ammo mind you) - THEN; when you try to order they will Only deliver to California, Idaho, or Arizona store - NOT to my local store right across the street!!
On top of that, IF I did have it sent to Calif (80 mile drive) I Can NOT pickup Ammo there now without a Calif ID!??!

I asked at Sportsman what was up and was told: "Oh, our stock is very low on everything so they Took Us Off The List"...??????

Anyway, I am done ranting, thank goodness for small independent gun shops here....but BP is still Mail Order Only (and they Will deliver right to my door!)

Hazmat charges Do not blame the shipper. Blame the shipping company. Shippers have always had to have a charge any discounts they are swallowing .Plus the training they had to pay for their employees.

When a company says no Hazmat charges for so much amount ,they are paying it not UPS nor FedEx.

This is off subject but buying caps, primers, powder and so forth at Bass Pro online (or Cabelas I would guess too) you can have them ship it to the store, no hazmat fees (because their own private carrier). During the epidemic they have had a curbside delivery booth, don't need to go inside to pick up online orders.

Back