• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 20 gauge Colonial American Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaskagrizz49

40 Cal
Reaction score
Here is a like new beautiful 20 gauge/ .62 fowler built by the talented and well known builder Tom Caster in 2018 (signed and numbered 64) using one of Ray Frank’s Sitting Fox “K10 Colonial American Fowler” kits. This very well built smokepole uses an engraved R.E. Davis fowling gun lock that sparks like a zippo, along with a 44” Colerain round tapered cylinder bore barrel in a nicely figured curly maple stock. It has a nice even slow browned finish with steel furniture, a white lightning touch hole liner and a very nice clamshell carving around the barrel tang. Length of pull is 13”, drop at the heel is 3” and it weighs 8.2lbs. This fowling piece represents a very nice gun that would have been built for a Colonial working man in New England during the third quarter of the 18th century. When ordered as a finished and completed kit from Sitting Fox, this model sells for $1699 after waiting a year or more. I purchased this in March of this year, it’s a very nice shooter with both ball and shot. It shoulders, swings and points very well, is nicely balanced and functions flawlessly with instantaneous ignition. Unfortunately, I’ve recently had to admit to myself, that declining health issues prevent me from getting out to enjoy hunting and shooting like I used to. I bought this wonderful firelock with the intention of chasing Alaskan waterfowl, ptarmigan and bunnies...but it would be perfect for turkey, deer and small game anywhere in the lower 48. It is with a heavy heart that I pass it along to someone who will use and enjoy it as it was intended and I’m looking only to recoup my investment of $1350, which is a very fair price. That will include USPS priority mail insured shipping anywhere in Alaska or the continental US legal to do so, while safely packed in a wooden shipping crate. My preferred method of payment is a USPS money order. Feel free to PM me with any questions or specific photos not covered above. I’m not interested in any trades. Below is a link to the kit on the Sitting Fox website. Thanks...

http://sittingfoxmuzzleloaders.com/k-10/.
4BBF8C49-991A-491A-A6C7-22084D34A155.png
22A8787B-2A18-4C0D-AF7E-C6E12A2A90D7.jpeg
1A2EF8AB-6A37-4A17-8C7A-1A0A3FBE5D14.jpeg
DF0709F5-ABDE-40BA-9723-3C729F320532.jpeg
2ED3A008-0457-40BC-98C3-C85B73FE8AF8.jpeg
8EEB61CD-A9AC-422E-804F-6D7C4D6101A4.jpeg
5BADC4E2-2876-4C98-9AD0-E7E3E06E5F99.jpeg
DFA95218-2C71-41E7-8972-2108F7330185.jpeg
60D4BFBD-051E-4080-BC3D-81F6E1D9FEAB.jpeg
8698F5F6-2105-420E-B5DD-14F6233DEA39.jpeg

Funny ,,,i was going to do this rifle from fox a month ago..i re-arranged a t/c half stock flinter adding a barrel in 20 gauge,,glad i didnow double set triggers

Thanks, but it’s not a rifle. I’m thinkin double set triggers on a smoothbore is kinda funny...different strokes, as long as you’re happy!

Snagidac, close enough for a possible face to face sale if you’re instate. So, are you buyin or just curious? Please PM for more info...

Last edited:
That would be a “private message”. To initiate...simply click on the persons username and then “start conversation”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back