• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C .50 Cal Hawken bore size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S&W bought the name and the assets from a business who’s model wasn’t working. As much as many here would like to see it, there is no way the current or foreseeable ‘tradition muzzleloader’ market can or could support what TC attempted to do with their traditional products. Call it a business life cycle. Would it be easier to understand if they had just closed the doors on the entire operation? I heard some complain that the current web page shouldn’t refer to TC history. Why not? Believe their first successful product was a centerfire pistol. Muzzleloaders came around years later for them. Others say they won’t buy another TC muzzleloader. That will hurt them. Believe TC stopped making traditional muzzleloaders around 2012.

I believe the single shot TC Contender preceded the Hawken. Since it is one of those unmentionables I'll say no more. S&W probably aquired the TC name etc. without assuming liabilities. The warranty work would be a liability and they did honor it for a while as long as they had parts. It sucks they don't still honor it, but we all know it is what it is and as such figure that in if you are considering a used TC. I have a couple and they are good rifles and if something breaks, I'll find aftermarket parts or build something.

I seem to recall, after S&W first bought TC, they did honor the warranty on the TC's. Several different people sent their guns to them for repair and it was done.

As time passed, S&W seemed to honor fewer and fewer of these warranty claims and now they don't seem to honor it at all.

I guess that makes sense. I'm sure the tooling for the old TC parts was scrapped years ago and it no longer exists so, the parts that were made off of it are no longer available.
It's a sad fact of life but that's the way it works.

I seem to recall, after S&W first bought TC, they did honor the warranty on the TC's. Several different people sent their guns to them for repair and it was done.

As time passed, S&W seemed to honor fewer and fewer of these warranty claims and now they don't seem to honor it at all.

I guess that makes sense. I'm sure the tooling for the old TC parts was scrapped years ago and it no longer exists so, the parts that were made off of it are no longer available.
It's a sad fact of life but that's the way it works.
S&w would do a lot for us all if they would just put it out for all , that they no longer have parts or the ability to warranty the TC Hawken.
Regardless of my whining, they did pay shipping each way of which I’m grateful!
Now to find a new sear for the old beast!

I have a couple of TC Hawkins. Did not even know that there was a warranty. Yes, my take is that S&W just decided not to honor the warranty. Locks used to be pretty available on eBay. Not so much now. I have heard of boring a .50 out to .54 so I doubt that .001 over is much of a problem. And I doubt if the .001 is wear. It was made that way. Actually the reason I have 2 is because I bought a second stock with the lock from eBay just to be sure I had parts for the first one since they were out of production. Then got a deal on a barrel.

Latest posts

Back