• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dumb luck (i will never admit that) err... Great skill :P

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

40 Cal
Reaction score
Went to visit my son in OKC to visit his range and do a little shooting. He shoots unmentionables and is very good out to 700 yards. I took my .62 smooth bore to shoot some clays and a few round balls. We sat down at a bench for the 200 yard gong using one of his custom unmentionables. His shooting was spot on, but being the old man, I informed him it was lacking in the fact that one of his shots hit the edge of the gong. He made some remark about how "yea, you are old and do you think you can do better". I told him I could do better with my smooth bore and a PRB. Well, that was a mistake because we all know a .62 at 200 yards generally is not happening for the average guy. Well loaded up aimed over the top of the gong a considerable bit and rang the gong. He said it was dumb luck. (yea it was) but being his dad, I said "oh yea? watch this. dinged again. Quickley wiped down the bore and put it away before he said "do it again" I love Karma.

You shoot a smoothie so when you hit you get to polish your fingernails on your vest, look at them and say ‘yeah ya gots to know your gun if’n your going to shoot’a smoothie’
When you miss you get to say ‘well what you expect, it’s a smoothie, that’s why they did fire vollies and tears them to the Indians’

Great shooting and great story! Darn kids, they think just because A guy is on the verge of greezerhood you can’t do something important like shoot.

Good shooting!!
Took my new son in law out, he wanted to shoot a couple longbows I have. They are in the 55-60 pound pull range. Explained it and let him try it.
Pulled out my 95 lb bow to let him try. I demonstrated by putting 2 arrows touching into the center of the target. Never been able to do that before!! Impressed the heck out of the kid.

Don

That is great, even if lucky, shooting. And you put a smile on the face of every geezer reading this. (Boy, do I qualify!)

I wouldn't play the lottery for the rest of the year. You used up a lot of luck with those two shots. :)

Jeff

Way to go, Rich! Sometimes these youngsters just need to be acquainted with what happens behind the woodshed.

Good shooting!!
Took my new son in law out, he wanted to shoot a couple longbows I have. They are in the 55-60 pound pull range. Explained it and let him try it.
Pulled out my 95 lb bow to let him try. I demonstrated by putting 2 arrows touching into the center of the target. Never been able to do that before!! Impressed the heck out of the kid.

Don
Wow...95# longbow...I'm thinkin' you were lucky to still have both shoulders in tact!

Latest posts

Back