• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Newest horn project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve roughed it out and will start finishing scraping, sanding and shaping the tip later this week. What’d ya all think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 134
I decided to remove the pour spout shoulder and make it streight, looks more slim this way. Still have some final shaping and then comes through base plug.... wish my hands would still allow me to scrimshaw... but years of factory work has left me nearly unable to write my name clearly, much less scrim anything worth a darn anymore.

I'm going to follow your progress. I have a horn that I started and when it's finished, my brother will scrim it for me.

Base plug is fitted and roughed in, it may have been a little large for the opening... it’s not as bad as it looks though in the picture. I’ll finish shaping The base plug later this week...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 93
I’m not sure I like the strap loop on the top, it may grow on me. I may replace the small loop with an exaggerated larger one... then stain the spout plug and maybe engrail.. and then who knows, scrimshaw? I havnt done that for a while due to carpal tunnel... which seems to be getting better.

Back