• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED looking for Thompson center big boar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie1968

40 Cal.
Reaction score
ive been looking for a tc big boar in good condition for 4 yrs now i found one on another sight says unfired for 1000 however in my opinion the bore around the muzzle dont justify the cost considering it will be used for hog hunting ive got other .58s and a couple renegades with hoyt rebore a zouave and buffalo hunter but i want a big boar

Good luck on your search but if you got the hog with any of your other 58's it'll be just as dead😁😁. I remember seeing one listed on some site several weeks ago for around $800. Will try to remember where.

You might want to look for a big BORE. A big bore will kill a big boar easily. How big a bore do you want? Was looking at a 4 bore rifle in OKC yesterday. That big enough? A .58 will kill anything walking around in North America.

Thank you sir
You might want to look for a big BORE. A big bore will kill a big boar easily. How big a bore do you want? Was looking at a 4 bore rifle in OKC yesterday. That big enough? A .58 will kill anything walking around in North America.
I've got a pedersoli kodiak double 72 500 gr rb and I've got conicals in 800 gr and 1000. I want the big boar as it is lighter than my double .72 lighter than my renegade .58s

Yep, unfired one on Gunbroker right now, closes on the 4th, starting bid $900, $50 s/h

I have one that I don"t use. It has scratches and dings from normal use. I would be willing to sell or trade. It has a tc sling with it.
scratches and dings mean nil to me as it will get that with me, a rust free pit free immaculate boar and decent trigg is the most important to me

This doesn't really help you in your quest, but I picked one up in a local auction about 5 years ago for $150. It's not mint on the outside, but very good, and the bore is near mint. It's essentially the same weight and feel of my 56sb renegade. I've never fired it, it just hangs on the wall with the rest (11) of my TC's, and about 15 other muzzleloaders. Only have time to shoot a few.

I guess my point is to check nearby auctions. In my area muzzleloaders show up at auctions that aren't specific to just guns. At the same auction, I bought a 50cal hawken with a Bill Large 4J barrel. That's why I went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back