• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help finding a gun case...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoHiCntry

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a zippered/ soft padded gun case approx. 56" long. My gun is 54", so anything close would probably work. I've looked on all the web sites I usually look at and can't find many. Midway has one that might fit the bill but it's out of stock and a little pricey. Log cabin shop also has one but it's listed as a 62 and states it's for guns up to 60". Sounds like it might be a little longer than I want? Anyone have a lead on where to look for one of these? Thanks...

"Unique Cases" in West Virginia makes a variety of excellent soft sided (padded nylon) including up to musket size and if needed, custom length. I have one of their cases for almost every one of my guns.

"Sounds like it might be a little longer than I want?"

If Log Cabin has a case and it's only 4" longer than your gun, I would buy it as they have a case and you need/ want one.

Stick a couple of Snickers in the void space to take up the room.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations for "Unique Cases". Their musket cases look nice. I'm assuming they are zippered but the description doesn't really say? Unless someone knows for sure, I'll probably call them tomorrow and confirm.

Thanks for the recommendations for "Unique Cases". Their musket cases look nice. I'm assuming they are zippered but the description doesn't really say? Unless someone knows for sure, I'll probably call them tomorrow and confirm.
All that I have gotten from them have full length zippers. The cases made specifically for black powder also have a compartment for a range rod.

I have 2 Unique cases, the older one had the range rod sleeve opening to the muzzle and the rod will fall out when you walk because the heavy barrel of a longrifle will point down when the case is carried.

Someone must have brought this to their attention because my newer one has a range rod sleeve opening to the butt of the gun.

These cases are definitely the best bang for your buck. Get one longer than you think you will need because you never know what your next gun will be.

I wish I had known about "Unique Cases" when I was shopping for my rifle case. They look like they fit the bill. Plus the other MLF folk have provided good :thumb: on this product.

My general suggestion agrees with some above comments. Those extra 4" are really minimal, and I'd get the 58" musket case. Always something that can go in that space. A couple of cases I've bought were more "made-to-fit," but in reality were too small to fit well.

And if I were to take along a couple of candy bars, I'd go for Milky Way Midnight Dark. ;) ~wiksmo

I have one of Unique’s Case for a York 42 inch barrel and it tops out at 58 inches long, they produced a full zippered one with a range rod compartment and it’s fully lined..,it’s a great case and attractive looking...

I have one of Unique’s Case for a York 42 inch barrel and it tops out at 58 inches long, they produced a full zippered one with a range rod compartment and it’s fully lined..,it’s a great case and attractive looking...
Ditto: Same rifle. Great case. They even called me when I mistakenly ordered Primium Shipping- asked me if I really wanted to do that? Can not say enough good things about this “Made on America” company,

I have 2 cases from Unique. 63" long with the newer place rod sleeve. My brother has one for his Cabela Armsport Hawkens at 47" with rod sleeves. Our cases were purchased in the late 1990's. They call all their muzzleloader cases; MUSKET cases.

Back