• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

hello from the nw uk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Chris from another UK black powder shooter ,I am from the north , what do you shoot shotgun , rifle or pistol or game shooting .MLAGB have clubs in Cumbria and Yorkshire.
Feltwad

Hello from WV, USA.

So what's it like to own a muzzleloader in the UK? Surely it can't be very easy.
hi greg
roughly
be a non criminal,
join a club, 6 month to become full member,[follow rules and shoot regular]
apply to police to own a firearm [6month plus]and fee
they will do there checks plus vist your home to see where safe is going to be,
and check you out.
wait till cert comes in post and then go shopping ,

there are other ways if your going overland private property but i dont know much about that way

ballkeeper1,

Ugh....figured something like that. At least you get to keep it at your house.

Thanks for the info though!

Most of my muzzleloaders I bought online, those were all shipped by mail to my house. First muzzleloader, that was bought soon after turning 18, bought at a gun store, the same trip I bought a Lee Enfield No. 4, which I still have.

pick up mine in person two shops i use one 25mile away ,other 40 odd and suppose to be the biggest bp importer h###y k###k in uk
i shoot indoors now,but did shoot outdoor club which was great had the 303 ,223
but my wheelchair /electric scooter wont make it up there ,
still must;t grumble

pick up mine in person two shops i use one 25mile away ,other 40 odd and suppose to be the biggest bp importer h###y k###k in uk i shoot indoors now,but did shoot outdoor club which was great had the 303 ,223 but my wheelchair /electric scooter wont make it up there , still must;t grumble

Welcome from another BP shooter, this time in NW Cambs. Our club is designed from the onset to be fully accessible to people on wheels, both to the firing points on the three ranges,, and the club house and bathrooms, which are fully compatible with electric mobility vehicles of the usual style. Even the targets are easily get-attable, along plastic insert paths. we have a number of mobility aid uses, as well as a number of firing point shooting benches of varying heights to accommodate different height shooters. If you are ever around the Peterborough area when all the present hoo-ha has died down, give me a call.

You can see our ranges in youtube - tac's guns - new range - the day it was opened back in 2012. I have seventeen rifles here and two handguns.

Back