• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Northern Ireland

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertirvine

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Greetings from Northern Ireland.
Been shooting BP for over 40 years and been reading reading this forum for some years now. Thought I had joined quite a while ago but ended up rejoining yesterday.
The best BP site I have come across. Congratulations to all.
Robert

Hi. Nice to see another UK member ( or Irish if you prefer). Met lots of decent folk from north and south Ireland. Salt o' the earth 👍
NI is part of the U.K. so I’m British Irish ( or genealogically Ulster-Scot 😂 )
just as you might be British English or British Welsh or British Scots But whatever definitely U.K. As far as I know the folk in the Republic of Ireland aren’t allowed to shoot muzzle loaders. I tried unsuccessfully for decades to take one across the border was told the police there didn’t like people with explosives! Still, I thoroughly enjoy myself up here with my Enfields and Pedersolis.
Thanks for the welcome.

just as you might be British English or British Welsh or British Scots But whatever definitely U.K. As far as I know the folk in the Republic of Ireland aren’t allowed to shoot muzzle loaders. I tried unsuccessfully for decades to take one across the border was told the police there didn’t like people with explosives! Still, I thoroughly enjoy myself up here with my Enfields and Pedersolis.
Thanks for the welcome.
I'm English/German! Looks like we all got mixed up well!

I'm English/German! Looks like we all got mixed up well!
Yep. Good job we’ve got things like shooting smoke poles and others to Stop us getting all worked up about such things. Read a lot of your posts especially about 303 sporters. Had a few, but I’m now rebuilding a 1918 NRF SMLE In full military spec. Unfortunately not a front stuffer but great fun. I liked your report on the 1861 Parker Hale for SWSS. At the Ulster Open BP comps about 20 years ago I watched a URA member put all 13 ball into the black of a PL7 at 50 m with his 1861smoothie. I had the rifled version and wished I could have done that in my comp.

Yep. Good job we’ve got things like shooting smoke poles and others to Stop us getting all worked up about such things. Read a lot of your posts especially about 303 sporters. Had a few, but I’m now rebuilding a 1918 NRF SMLE In full military spec. Unfortunately not a front stuffer but great fun. I liked your report on the 1861 Parker Hale for SWSS. At the Ulster Open BP comps about 20 years ago I watched a URA member put all 13 ball into the black of a PL7 at 50 m with his 1861smoothie. I had the rifled version and wished I could have done that in my comp.
Sir....that ain't me sorry!

Welcome! It's neat to hear of BP enthusiasts from over the seas.

I didn't know that you couldnt shoot BP in the south of Ireland. Interesting.

My family is from Fermanagh and Galway counties so I guess I've got the best of both Irish "world's"!

T

Welcome I am from the North Uk we are often referred too has a { Geordie} Do you go to the Irish Game and Country Fair wondered if it is held this year.
Feltwad

Feltwad, when I was living in Leeds, the only people we called geordies were all from Newcastle. Is that term used for other areas of the borders?

Thanks for the welcome.
Robert welcome from Arkansas here in the USSA. Glad you can have and use MLrs. Can't believe the Republic won't allow them, maybe they just won't let them in from the North because of troubles. Even England used to let colonized folks have a long gun ML for hunting and restricted more modern stuff to keep everybody from getting ideas. Hope everybody in Ireland the best, God knows they've been through it. Hope you can find lots of good advice and friendship here, keep us informed on ML news in the Isle, George.

Welcome fro North Carolina, was in Ireland last year in April, beautiful country and friendly people. Look forward to visiting again soon.

Back