• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C renegade hunter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure exactly what year but I bought a .50 cal. T/C Renegade kit in the early '80's. Back then you could get it in .50 or .54 cal. and it had the double set triggers. It wasn't long after that, maybe late '80's or early '90's T/C discontinued the Renegade. Due to popular demand because hunters liked the shorter barrel for use in the woods and the gun not having any brass to reflect sunlight T/C brought it back but as the Renegade Hunter but I'm not sure when and if memory serves me right when they brought it back it was only available in .50 cal. and single trigger.

I know this doesn't help dating your rifle but thought you might like some info on your rifle. You might call T/C and ask them. The times I've called them they were very friendly and helpful. Good luck and if you would please post any info here on the forum, others might find it helpful.

No problem! Been shooting the .50 cal. Renegade kit for 30 years and the only times it failed me was my fault, in other words, 'operator failure'! Have really enjoyed building and shooting it, have shot over 200 rounds through it. Also have a couple of 100 yard bulls eyes with it.

Take care of it and you should get many years of shooting pleasure with it. Thompson Center made so very good quality muzzleloaders back in the day.

Latest posts

Back