• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cabelas-Pedersoli Blue Ridge labeling

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a deer in the headlights awakening!
I aligned a larger rod with the channel running alongside the factory rod and it ppears the channel is well below where the bolt will be.
THANK YOU for calling that shot.
20190925_153008.jpg

I have a dueling pistol that uses a front wood screw as well, and I could not get the steel ramrod out until I removed the replacement (way too long) wood screw out of the lock.

I’m no expert on wood working but I bet there would be someway of refinishing that stock to make that woodgrain really pop and show much nicer. Glad the patches are coming out intact. Please let us know how she shoots for ya!! Greg

I bought a Blueridge in .54 about 3 years ago at a Cabela’s in Indiana. It’s a flintlock. No where on the barrel is it marked Cabela’s.

Respectfully, Cowboy
Here is all mine says anywhere. Doesn’t say Cabela’s, Blue Ridge, or Frontier. Just Pedersoli.

Attachments

• 0982F7DC-C34E-4BFD-90BB-14829424ECFC.jpeg
    0982F7DC-C34E-4BFD-90BB-14829424ECFC.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 97
The labeling made me curious.
I called a buddy that has a 50 blue ridge and he said his had a Cabelas stamp on it.
He has filed it and refinished so the Cabelas label is now gone.
I pulled 3 of my Pedersoli gun out - A Frontier, an Kentucky, and an Dixie - None of them have a name stamp on them, just the standard Pedersoli label system.
20200623_093115.jpg

20200623_092825.jpg

20200623_092718.jpg

It looks as if the only difference between the Frontier and Blue Ridge is the browned versus blued/black barrel. (Also, yours is flint and mine is percussion) :)
Pedersoli builds their guns so they can be either. The barrels are all breached and drilled exactly the same.
I changed a Pedersoli cap gun to a flinter with a lock from Dixie and a liner from OX-Yoke. Took less than 30 minutes.
Changing a flint to a caplock requires careful timing of the bolster but is just as easy.
Other than the finishes, they are the same gun.

Back