• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRS Complete Baker Rifles or just kits?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amerikos

32 Cal
Reaction score
Does the Rifle Shoppe still sell complete Baker Rifles or just kits? I have not purchased a complete rifle from them for 15 years.

I wanted to know, because I am considering selling my 1809 .62 Baker Rifle custom built by TRS in 2005. If TRS is not selling completed Baker Rifles then I assume the value of their completed rifles would increase.

I wanted to know, because I am considering selling my 1809 .62 Baker Rifle custom built by TRS in 2005. If TRS is not selling completed Baker Rifles then I assume the value of their completed rifles would increase.

I am shopping around for kits or guns with a wheellock. I found reference to TRS on another forum (website). Now here with a search. Can someone tell me what TRS stands for? Or a link to a home page

all TRS has is the parts, and usually not all of the parts needed without a significant wait. completed ones pop up here and there, with varying degrees of quality depending on who put it together.

Jess Melot charges around $3,000 for a completed Baker Rifle, Common Rifle and or Ferguson Rifle. The kits are less than half that cost.

Lately the kits have been complicated, my last two the stock was hardly 98% pre-carved like their website advertises. In the past their stocks were most completely inlet with a few small things that were not completed, like lugs and band springs.

Jess Melot charges around $3,000 for a completed Baker Rifle, Common Rifle and or Ferguson Rifle. The kits are less than half that cost.

Lately the kits have been complicated, my last two the stock was hardly 98% pre-carved like their website advertises. In the past their stocks were most completely inlet with a few small things that were not completed, like lugs and band springs.

Ah, yes. Mr Dyson's recreations are well over double that, and the wait can be two or three years. I think he waits for the tree to grow the stock shape. In any case, his son has now taken over the business, so Mr Dyson Snr might be out of the loop, gun-building-wise. You'd need to talk to them.

Ah, yes. Mr Dyson's recreations are well over double that, and the wait can be two or three years. I think he waits for the tree to grow the stock shape. In any case, his son has now taken over the business, so Mr Dyson Snr might be out of the loop, gun-building-wise. You'd need to talk to them.

I dont order from Dyson or Blackley anymore, they both owe me a long list of castings that apparently were mailed. Unless it was by rowboat across the Atlantic, its long lost or in the Atlantic somewhere, never again.

I dont order from Dyson or Blackley anymore, they both owe me a long list of castings that apparently were mailed. Unless it was by rowboat across the Atlantic, its long lost or in the Atlantic somewhere, never again.

Sounds familiar. I have a Blackley Queen Ann turn-off barrel pistol made from a kit about thirty years ago as a non-firer, simply because it took ten years to get the frizzen....

Sounds familiar. I have a Blackley Queen Ann turn-off barrel pistol made from a kit about thirty years ago as a non-firer, simply because it took ten years to get the frizzen....

From speaking with guys at the Baltimore Gunshow, blackley is pretty incompetent with filling his orders.

I ordered my Baker Rifle from The Rifle Shoppe in January of 2019. They no longer assemble, but recommended a gunsmith in Nebraska. Monday I'll get to see the results of his work when it is delivered.

Back