• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what cal would a 14.7 mm ball be

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My elementary school teacher said that if you divide any measurement given in millimeters by 25.4(which is how many millimeters there are in an inch) the result will tell you what the measurement is in inches. Don't even need Google for this one!

With the new math they are a teachin at school computers these days, it is 316.478 feet wide.

My elementary school teacher said that if you divide any measurement given in millimeters by 25.4(which is how many millimeters there are in an inch) the result will tell you what the measurement is in inches. Don't even need Google for this one!

Best reply, easy.

Lots of good answers in this thread. However, you can always just Google "convert mm to inches," and it will take you right here.

Just type in your numbers and you get the answer immediately.

Notchy Bob

Reply #4 said Google it also, if you don't have internet at the range or sitting in the workshop etc, most phones have a calculator (I don't have net on my phone) and the divide by 25.4 is a no brainer.

Next thread on the forum when I looked at this one was ‘fast gas’, about a suicide with a blank charge.
The autopsy concluded it was done with five g of powder.
Spence did a conversion to 77 grains, I did a quick and dirty in my head to about eighty.
Not every one knows the formulas, and since school was so ‘last century’ for most of us some forget formulas they don’t use every day.

I just grabbed Webster's and looked up "weights and measures." At the bottom of that table is footnote 1 that says "For U. S. equivalents of metric units see Metric System table." Then I found that table and learned that one millimeter equals .039 inches, so I multiplied that by the 14.7 millimeters you asked about. Piece of cake.

Back