• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Blunderbuss?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flash pan blue

32 Cal.
Reaction score
O.K. i really like the looks of the Blunderbuss that the Discriminating General sells. Thats the one where you have to drill out your own touch hole.But can i justify the purchase? I mean what real good is it , you won`t be able to hit paper targets or gongs .Sure would be nice though, sitting on my lap while i watch T.V.at night!!Have any of you fellows bought one and then wished you hadn`t. Be honest.

I made one using Ed Rayl's 4 bore brass barrel for a doctor once. We took it up to the range and had a great time.
IMG_1534.jpg

We were shooting 150grns of 1f with buck and ball loads. Figure people shoot pistols and cannons why not a blunderbus?

I guess I should mention that Doc hasn't regreted it yet. We were shooting at a 4'*8' piece of plywood trying to pattern it. Pretty evil with 00 buc shot. :grin:

You got to admit it, they are sweet looking muskets. You are not trying hard enough to talk me out of one!

I don't own one yet either :grin:

If you want one sleep on it for a while, if you still want one in a weeks time... well then its time to get one :thumbsup:

Better be careful, you might start a new fad in home protection. :hatsoff:

Preacher

Roy said:
Puts out a good smoke screen as well :thumbsup:

Just the sight of this aiming at you would be enough to scare the heebee-jeebees out of you...

No wonder it made a great stage coach gun...

(this is not Musketman's gun)
000_0497.JPG

Plus, its a great re-enactor weapon. If you want to shoot blanks and impress the crowds, A blunderbuss will fit the bill.

Those of us with naval & highwaymen impressions love em!

GoF

Ok Guys,
You are not helping a lot. I have a strong case of the "You Need A Blunderbus" flu. I came in here, and now it is only worse. I think it would be a hoot to show up at the range with. Have any of you ever dealt with this outfit?[url] http://www.sittingfoxmuzzleloaders.com/blunderbuss2.htm[/url]

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Friar_Tuck said:
Ok Guys,
You are not helping a lot. I have a strong case of the "You Need A Blunderbus" flu. I came in here, and now it is only worse.

Does this help?

Blundbus.jpg

1e_1.jpg

chefmusket.jpg

Yo, Moosketman! Ya finally found a pic of the Swedish Chef with his 'buss! Cool! :haha: :hatsoff:

P.S. One of my favorite 'buss pics, from MVTC.
sbbmuzzle.jpg

It's a shame this is not a real working gun, I wonder if it was copied from an original... :hmm:

Double barrel blunderbuss

G8672_Double-Blunderbuss.JPG

Latest posts

Back