• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ruger Old Army with Elk Stag Grips

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldNo7

36 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my first COVID-era gun-related purchase in over 8 weeks...
That's the longest "dry spell" of not buying any gun accessories or ammo since I was a teenager...
And that was a loooooooooong time ago...

But I think I made up for the wait in style. ;)

Anyway, I do like Elk Stag grips, and this set called out to me:
kJtwl3G.jpg

I think they look really sharp on my Ruger Old Army. Now I can't wait to get it over to the range and have other shooters oogle over them -- from 6 feet away, of course.
wfm6GD6.jpg

This Old Army was heavily modified many years ago with:
* A handmade partridge front sight
* A Millet full-blade rear sight
* A Smooth trigger blade (filed away the grooves)
* A trigger stop added (between trigger plunger & spring)
* A 5/16" rammer extension (for target loads)
* Treso Ampco Bronze nipples
* An action job with 3# trigger pull

The grips are the latest addition, and the only change I can think of now is to shoot it MORE!

Tight groups.

Old No7

They're well made grips and if real stag I just which the folks that make them would stop bleaching and let the natural color stay put! They are antlers not bone! Taxidermist do the same thing with skull mounts for some reason and that is bone. The color suits stainless steel far better than it would blue guns though.

Back