• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler SMR kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I used the patina solution that Jim sells and it worked out real well and it was easy to use. Although if he didn't sell that I would have just used some Browning which I like as well. The hardest part about this cat was putting the patch box in. But of course that's because that's 100% in letting since there is no option for that. Lol

His brass patina solution? That is great looking stuff on metal. Patch boxes are toughest for me as well. I’d rather handmake a two piece nose cap.

great job Scoper. looks like a fine rifle and I really like the added patch box. I recently finished my first rifle, also a kibler SMR. It is a fantastic kit for a first timer. I also used his patina solution and aqua fortis. the patina solution took me a few times to get right, but ultimately produced the nice light grey/pewter look that I was after.

By the way, best bang for the buck adding value, and HC to a gun like this is to send your lock to an engraver who does longrifles..... Most all locks had borders, lines, trees, etc. He can put your last name in place of ‘Ketland’, as any number of names were there... a few hundred bucks at most...

By the way, best bang for the buck adding value, and HC to a gun like this is to send your lock to an engraver who does longrifles..... Most all locks had borders, lines, trees, etc. He can put your last name in place of ‘Ketland’, as any number of names were there... a few hundred bucks at most...

Goodd suggestion. Any engravers you recommend?

great job Scoper. looks like a fine rifle and I really like the added patch box. I recently finished my first rifle, also a kibler SMR. It is a fantastic kit for a first timer. I also used his patina solution and aqua fortis. the patina solution took me a few times to get right, but ultimately produced the nice light grey/pewter look that I was after.
I used the iron nitrate and I loved it. I've never used it before.

Thanks all for all the compliments and suggestions. I can't wait to do the colonial kit next.

Scoper, Great Job on the Rifle! How long did it take for your SMR to arrive after your order? I am just curious, I have one on order.

Scoper, Great Job on the Rifle! How long did it take for your SMR to arrive after your order? I am just curious, I have one on order.
But considering I ordered a TVM rifle a couple years ago and waited eight months the 7 weeks wasn't so bad.

Back