• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

best laid plans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
thought i'd burn some charcoal today between rain showers. got out the walker and my 51 navy. pulled them apart and lubed prior to going out.
the 51's trigger wouldn't and the cylinder misaligned. tore it apart and the trigger/bolt spring was broken just ahead of the screw.
well I figured I could make one pretty quick, so found a hacksaw blade and cut it to length. got it 2/3 manufactured and it just kinda crumbled. really weird kinda crumble. looked close at the blade and yep! made in china!
went on ebay and ordered 2. guess i'll have to just shoot the walker. maybe if I have enough energy I will drag out the rifles too.
or just take a nap!

A few months ago I took my new underhammer pistol to the range to work up a load. Turned out the gun would slip off of half cock and go off all by itself. I futzed with it a few times but couldn't make it work right. Finally got it back from a gunsmith on Friday. Going shooting today, I hope.

You guys really cannot even begin to imagine just how much we envy you your ability to pick up a gun and just go shoot it.

Here in locked-down UK we are looking at maybe two more months, at least before there is any relaxation that might allow clubs ranges to open up again.

You guys really cannot even begin to imagine just how much we envy you your ability to pick up a gun and just go shoot it.

Here in locked-down UK we are looking at maybe two more months, at least before there is any relaxation that might allow clubs ranges to open up again.

Most of the US is still fairly locked down as well. People in rural areas are the real winners in all this. I actually have an interview tomorrow for a job in a rural area and I'm really hoping I get it.

Here in UK they are now talking about the end of July - maybe....:eek:.....................meanwhile, I can keep my eye in shooting my a** p*****s in our little back yard where I have a clear 10m.

whoopee.

TFoley, at least you have the 10M to use. There are so many who do not have that. Fortunately for me I have a horse ranch in back of me and a cattle ranch across the road. I can use my air guns here but not safe for my charcoal burners. I do have a friend with a farm, mostly woods, where we have a little range set up out to 100 yards that I can use anytime.

Our range stayed open but events were canceled. As of last Friday we starting back up with trapshooting and Cowboy action is in two weeks.

Here in Yuma Az. the public range stays open. It's the temps that keep people away. Been getting up to about 100 by late mid morning. Today, Wednesday, it's supposed to hit 110, and tomorrow too. I just get up early and am done by about 10am.

Our private club range is open spoke to the grounds keeper yesterday (recreational shootin) no matches also have access to a private range with distances out to 600 yds. if you want to shoot the un-mentionables. As soon as it stops raining around here will do some shooting. I have a friend who lives north of Baltimore he will make the trip and we will make a day of it. I guess we will have to pack a lunch this is crazy.

Mushka x2, same here in Calif. Shoot at 7am, done by 8:30, guns cleaned by 10am. Too hot otherwise, go out and do chores 6-8pm. Tinhorn

The Muzzleloaders range at Wedgenock is open again now Mr Foley

Thank you for that!!!! An our club outdoor ranges opened last weekend - I was one of five shooters how took part in the experiment of times 45 minute shoot and 15 minutes set-up slots with on and off firing point on a dedicated circuit. Seemed to work out just fine, but I reckon that it will never be back to what it was in my lifetime. Needless to say, our indoor ranges remain shut for the foreseeable future - there are NO shooting competitions of any kind, unless you are in an air weapons league that permits you to home-shoot and post your results.

Hello the camp.
Today was clean the guns day. I just satisfied (for the moment) a bad case of gottagetanothergunitis. by getting a pair of Pietta DLX Marshall revolvers which are a "never was" .44 Colt Navy short barrel, fluted cylinder in polished engraved steel gun. Pretty as a spotted pup and one for each hand..
Since my range is right behind my shop they did get some shooting.. Both have been match conditioned by a knowledgeable gun smith . Thirty rounds each no misfires, no cap jams. no worries. Weather permitting they will get shot more tomorrow. No lock down for me right at home out the back door making smoke and fire.
You are authorized to hate me because I am known to Age quod agis. (shamelessly stolon from TOMBSTONE)
Yr' Obt' Svt'
Bunk

Sure miss just stepping out and blasting away. Since moving back to Oregon, gotta drive bout three quarters hour to shoot.

I MISS ALASKA!

Latest posts

Back