• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What has happened to the American Longrifle site?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s been working fine for me. I’ve found the site an echo chamber and some members are hostile towards newbies, so I don’t post there anymore, though. I much prefer this site but that’s neither here nor there sorry for the rant.

Smokey, I've been a member there for many years and never found it to be hostile towards anyone. I knew nothing about building when I joined there and got polite and valuable help over and over. It's probably the best building site in the world.

I cannot access the ALR using Safari on my iMac. But I can using Firefox. The message I was getting had to do with the Apple's Safari version. To access, I would have to have at least OS 10.10.9. My iMac is 10 years old, and my OS is 10.10.5, but I can upgrade to 10.10.13, so I'm planning to upgrade, and that may solve my problem.

If you're having trouble logging on ALR and have an Apple computer, check your OS version to see if its up to date. You can tell I'm not a computer whiz, and my 10 year old grandson cannot make a "house call".

The Muzzleloading Forum has been my favorite for several years, however the ALR site had a different perspective on black powder shooting.
It does not seem to be online anymore.
Does anyone have some information?
Fred
I was just on the ALR site. Worked fine.

Hi,
I am also a moderator on ALR. The problem is certain older browser and operating systems. If you use Internet Explorer 11 running under Windows 7 or 8, you will have trouble. You may still be able to connect using Firefox or Google Chrome, if they download properly in your old operating system. Mac Safari 6, 7, and 8 will also have trouble. These kinds of issues are going to pop up from time to time as the software developers stop supporting old systems because they lack up to date security patches.

dave

It's one of those .ORG instead of .com if that makes a difference.

I couldn't get on using the .org ending today, but can when I use the .com ending in my address bar, but the text on the site says it's Americanlongrifle.org

Last edited by a moderator:
G
It’s been working fine for me. I’ve found the site an echo chamber and some members are hostile towards newbies, so I don’t post there anymore, though. I much prefer this site but that’s neither here nor there sorry for the rant.
Give her another crack Smoke. It's a different sort of place is all. If you go to a longrifle show and meet some of those guys you'd realize they are the elders in the hobby is all. Some are crochity but fine gents, some are super helpful and will spend hours passing knowledge for no gain but yours. But because they're the elders, a bit of 'hat in hand' goes a long way. Most of them are from a different time, and when they go, it's gone...(an 85 year old feller remembers hunting black powder with his pawpaw.....Maybe it's just I'm a Southern boy, but I see it as 'they've earned it' and they are the greatest fount of factual knowledge that exists on longrifles.

This place is fun though....

(BTW, I'm pretty sure everyone enjoyed having you there. I've been pounding with my youtube channel to get folks to the forums to learn and they are getting quite a few new members. )

Last edited:
Back