• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dikar .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Licespray

32 Cal
Reaction score
Here’s my one and only muzzleloader. Haven’t taken anything with it but once I get it shooting (last time I had a go with it it was grouping like a shotgun. I’m sure that was me as I’ve since been told the patches are wrong material, too loosely threaded etc).

So now I’ve picked up some ticking and hopefully this weekend will have another go.

Sorry for glare.

Model is called “Missouri” but I dunno why they called it that. It was the cheapest muzzleloader I could find but it’s got a good bore with no pitting. I went cheap because I was worried about doing cleaning wrong and rusting up an expensive rifle. Turns out I’ve done fine with cleaning so when I get the hang of this one I’m keen to get another.

Attachments

• 7B3B639D-4DD4-4492-B0B5-C83231853613.jpeg
    7B3B639D-4DD4-4492-B0B5-C83231853613.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 160
I have a Dikar very similar or even might be identical to that one. Yes, they were cheap back in the day, but mine is one of the most accurate muzzleloaders I own. So accurate it has been promoted to "safe queen" status.

Take good care of yours.

Dikar produced for CVA back in the day. Actually I suspect they still do.
My first muzzleloader has one of their St Louis Hawken Kits.
Just be careful not to lose the little ramrod retaining spring.

Ardessa was the last manufacturer of CVA traditional rifles and is the current of Traditions.
Modern CVA's are made by Bergara.

Wh
I have a Dikar very similar or even might be identical to that one. Yes, they were cheap back in the day, but mine is one of the most accurate muzzleloaders I own. So accurate it has been promoted to "safe queen" status.

Take good care of yours.

What patch/ball diameter/load does yours like?

As for that spring mentioned - first time I put it back in the wrong way..it sure does lock up the ram rod doing that. Had to pull the gun apart to get it out and fix it.

As for that spring mentioned - first time I put it back in the wrong way..it sure does lock up the ram rod doing that. Had to pull the gun apart to get it out and fix it.
Sure does :)

Ardessa was the last manufacturer of CVA traditional rifles and is the current of Traditions.
Modern CVA's are made by Bergara.
Thanks for the correction

Sure does :)

Thanks for the correction

The worst part is after taking it apart I then did the exact same thing 3 more times in a row. I kept forgetting how I had it *blushes*

Thanks, I’m hoping it goes alright with round ball.. off the top of your head any idea what the twist rate is?

Wh

I've done that "putting the spring in wrong" thing a time or two myself. It still kind of works but i don't think that's what the engineers had in mind.

Last edited:
Wh

You can heat a 10” or so section of the ramrod and put a slight hook in it. It will stay in place fine without any additional gizmos. On my hunting rifles, a hunting load will slip the ramrod out a little past the muzzle, a speed loader of sorts.....

On my hunting rifles, a hunting load will slip the ramrod out a little past the muzzle, a speed loader of sorts.....
Yes it is handy when it goes forward a little.

I think my original CVA Hawken had a Beech rod. Never really trusted it as it was very bendy.
I was always a little concerned it would snap and go through my hand.
But I have seen other CVAs with Hickory. If yours is Beech I would suggest replacing it with something better like Hickory or Delrin.

Yes it is handy when it goes forward a little.

I think my original CVA Hawken had a Beech rod. Never really trusted it as it was very bendy.
I was always a little concerned it would snap and go through my hand.
But I have seen other CVAs with Hickory. If yours is Beech I would suggest replacing it with something better like Hickory or Delrin.
Hickory all the way

Back