• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Building a Lancaster Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching your Southern build on Youtube . . . very helpful . . I have built two kits, a TVM and Chambers, with a coach . . he says my next step is to learn from a blank. . and I've chosen a Southern. Your video has been VERY helpful education . . though I'm intimidated by it some. I know many people prefer a blank over a pre carve but it seems most of those folks had a bad experience with a pre-carve.

Don’t be intimidated. It’s a matter of taking your time. Like Bill says, Take each piece of the project like it’s the project itself. If it takes two years, it takes two years. Each piece of the build needs to be completely understood. All that takes is a bit of study. Nothing to it.

Bob has it right. Building a gun is not a single project. It is a series of small, simple ones. The problem with a pre carve is that you are starting with it all rounded off. Also you are very limited in what you can do with it. Working from a blank really really is easier. If you have done two kits already you will not have any trouble with it.

Back