• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC .32 Cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A lot of never seen (by me) firearms are popping up for sale on the gun sites up here in Canada. I joined in and sold some unmentionable ones to fund the purchase of a near mint Cherokee and a couple of Senecas. The Cherokee showed up today. It appears unfired but has a synthetic rod and a sling stud on the stock. I don't think the stud is original. Overall, I'm thrilled. These are super rare up here in our smaller marketplace. It's a 6 digit serial # and has the warning on barrel. And a 00 buck ball wont go down the hole. I just had to try. Mold is on the way.
Does anyone have one with that stud?
20200416_152116.jpg
20200416_152134.jpg

20200416_152235.jpg
20200416_152656.jpg

20200416_154514.jpg

I have a couple of them, no stud on them, it might be from T/C but I don’t think they came that way from the factory. I’m not a fan of T/C’s single trigger, hopefully your experience will be better than mine. Original T/C hickory ram rods for the .32 Cherokee show up occasionally on eBay and Gunbroker.

I have a Cherokee, no sling stud. But; now that the hole is drilled you may be able to purchase a thimble with a stud.

My gun is also a recent purchase, unfired and stored for 40 years. It was very stiff. All it needed, and it really needed it bad - was removing the lock and trigger and oil both. Low viscosity oil like Marvel Mystery did the trick.

Last edited:
I got curious and looked up buckshot sizes. Single 'O' is .32 caliber and 1 buck us .30 caliber. If that is accurate, first is too big and second too small.

Hornady sells .310 balls. I was lucky to find 3 boxes, NOS for 1/2 price at a going out of business sale. My gun is still unfired.

Congratulations, Bledfor Days...you beat me to that one. I saw the ad, did my usual hemming and hawing, finally circled back with intention to buy...and saw that the ad had been updated to Sold only minutes before. I snagged a .36 Seneca off CGN a couple years back, and loved it; the only thing that made me hesitate about this .32 was that single trigger. I'll bet that it will be a sweet shooter.

A lot of never seen (by me) firearms are popping up for sale on the gun sites up here in Canada. I joined in and sold some unmentionable ones to fund the purchase of a near mint Cherokee and a couple of Senecas. The Cherokee showed up today. It appears unfired but has a synthetic rod and a sling stud on the stock. I don't think the stud is original. Overall, I'm thrilled. These are super rare up here in our smaller marketplace. It's a 6 digit serial # and has the warning on barrel. And a 00 buck ball wont go down the hole. I just had to try. Mold is on the way.
Does anyone have one with that stud?
View attachment 28770View attachment 28771
View attachment 28772View attachment 28773
View attachment 28774
I used to have one. It did not have the stud.

Would that be 1200 balls in 1 1/2 buckshot for 8 pounds? That is a lot of shooting! Ballistic Products shows out of stock.
I have used the 1-1/2 buckshot from Ballistic Products with good success in my 32 caliber Pedersoli. Their buckshot runs a little large, maybe .312”/.313” (at least the bottle I have) and is a little harder than pure lead, but not an issue. Use a denim patch over 12 to 15 grains of fff Swiss. Best accuracy is with Dutch’s Dry Patch method, but found that if I use a 3/8” diameter x 1/8” thick hard felt wad over the powder and a wet patch (not much powder and leaving wet patch on powder for any length of time dampened enough powder to impact performance, reason for wad) I can shoot all day without swabbing and get nearly the same accuracy at 25 to 30 yards.

Hello Bledfor Days,

We have a flock of .32 calibers, Pedersoli, Traditions, and 2 CVA's. All I have ever shot out of them was a .308" patched round ball. Very accurate and lots of fun. We always loaded 20 - 30 gr. of Triple F Goex.

AntiqueSledMan.

I don't want to start a new thread so I'm just going to add to this one. Two Senecas I got at the same time as the Cherokee showed up Thursday. A .36 and a .45. The brass had corrosion starting so I gave them the same treatment as the Cherokee and a coat of MinWax. I'll leave the brass alone now and let it dull evenly. The.36 had a bit of rust in it close to the breech but it cleaned up easily. I'm minus a few unmentionable ones now but I think I'm way ahead. Interesting feature on the Senecas is the extra brass plate underneath butt plate.
20200418_114043.jpg

20200418_113841.jpg

.45 beside .32 Cherokee
20200417_183928.jpg

20200417_183950.jpg

20200417_184037.jpg

These are store bought guns and are nowhere nearly as impressive as some of the beautiful creations that some of the members here have made with their own hands. I really respect that. I still like to post pics of some of these finds that are still out there.

It turns out that we have a .32 Cherokee!!!
I had previously thought it was a Crockett. It is really my significant other's gun, so I shoot it even less than I do my own, hence me forgetting what it is.
It has doubled set triggers, and a patchbox with light engraving.
Oncevset the main trigger is hair light.

It is a nice shooter. I just wish she came to the range with me more often.

Interesting that yours has a patch box. I didn't know the Cherokees came with them. I cleaned and polished the sear and tumbler on mine and the pull is much better. I've poured some balls and am dying to get out and see how it shoots.

Back