• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What I do during "Lockdown".

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing what a guy will do when he stays around the house. I guess I could pour some lead. Got molds for everything I shoot except the .32. Still looking for a Lyman .310 round ball mold. Need to stay looking busy or the wife will find something for me to do.
Ain't that the truth. Been staying outside cutting brush and triming tree limbs. Trying to pace it to duration. Got 6 big piles to burn. Already burned near 30 piles. Never thought I'd see my 2.5 acres so clean.
Did pour some lead one cool morning. What she don't know won't hurt her.

I really like working with antlers. It goes from rough chunks to almost ivory in a short time. I could use another month of isolation, please. 007 (1024x768).jpg005 (1024x768).jpg

I must say I am impressed by posters super tidy benches. My own (And most I know )benches are a small space by the vice surrounded by a deep pile of just used tools . Used recently tools & forgotten tools .And of course the tools that you know are there but have artfully hidden them selves .Rivalled only by the part you just had before the dogs kicked up barking then cant find for love nor money and find yourself combing through the wood chippings at your feet . But at least I now have a dry shop. I used to have a cellar that had only strip light & flooded periodically so that the fileings settled on my gumboots so when it all dried I found I had red ones like Paddington bear . Plus side was springs ect ide drop couldn't get far .
Rudyard

I must say I am impressed by posters super tidy benches. My own (And most I know )benches are a small space by the vice surrounded by a deep pile of just used tools . Used recently tools & forgotten tools .And of course the tools that you know are there but have artfully hidden them selves ...
Rudyard
Amen, brother! Sounds like mine...:)

UndeadPoet

Well my wife had me vacuuming the ceiling in the den (we have a fireplace in that room) turning the couches over and vacuuming the underside of the furniture, the walls and carpet, all the crevaces between the cushions and then she decided to clean all the vacuum cleaners out including the hepa filters and inlet filters with compressed air. The place is spotless but today her head is all stuffed up and she's convinced she has the Corona virus and she's taking her temperature every 15 minutes.
Dang,you guys work your bts off,please tell her she's going to be OK,those dusties in the vacume cleaners will clog u up for a while! I myself bought a rubber gasket for a hoover, vac still plugged somewhere ,I cleaned floor,the fine dust flew,shut the vac off, I should of worn a mask ! Stuffy,eyes ,nose; felt like I had the flue ,for 4 days! I won't touch it again w/o mask,but I was thinking the worst outcome of strange virus!!!!! That dust u don't see can do a # on ya! Hope you guys are better now!

Dang,you guys work your bts off,please tell her she's going to be OK,those dusties in the vacume cleaners will clog u up for a while! I myself bought a rubber gasket for a hover, vac still plugged somewhere ,I cleaned floor,the fine dust flew,shut the vac off, I should of worn a mask ! Stuffy,eyes ,nose; felt like I had the flue ,for 4 days! I won't touch it again w/o mask,but I was thinking the worst outcome of strange virus!!!!! That dust u don't see can do a # on ya! Hope you guys are better now!
She's fine, she comes from a long line of hypocondriacs.

Working on my wall tent pole’s. Put a Leer 100R on the diesel so time to make them compact and restain!

Attachments

• 257BE669-BDD4-4BDB-804B-131431D27483.jpeg
    257BE669-BDD4-4BDB-804B-131431D27483.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 3523984F-26C8-43E4-AB90-1C0F055599AC.jpeg
    3523984F-26C8-43E4-AB90-1C0F055599AC.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 106
Here’s another...turning worn out flints into sharp ones again. Lil redneck flint holding jig i set up and the tool i use to knap flakes off!

Attachments

• A81AFDB6-5003-400A-AEE9-3C92B5F0BDAD.jpeg
    A81AFDB6-5003-400A-AEE9-3C92B5F0BDAD.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 58DC0ABA-2C5B-4A4E-891B-458E2717B465.jpeg
    58DC0ABA-2C5B-4A4E-891B-458E2717B465.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 122
Since we are in lockdown, why put the extra stress on the jaws of the gun? I like Yewbenders use of "Redneck Engineering" to solve a problem.
True day, I was just dreaming of the day when I get to go back to the range and all I have with me is the gun!

Friend of mine that's a plumber just gave me about 30 lbs of lead drain pipe today. Got it all cut up into small sections and I am in the process of cleaning it as best as I can. Outside was easy with a wire wheel but inside is a little different. Right now some of it is in my brass tumbler. We will see how good a job that does on it. Looks like I will be making round balls tomorrow. Still looking for a Lyman .311 round ball mold.

Capnball, i will knap a flint in the jaws while at a shoot just to do a lil touch up. Only taking off lil flakes so no harm to the jaws and lock inyards. It’s lil hard to see but if you enlarge the pic of the flint in the jig you can see how thick it is. So i need to take longer flakes off which requires more force, hence why i don’t do it that way in the gun.

Latest posts

Back