• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

snake load for my Remington

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cobra in the last video appears to be a spectacled Indian cobra, not a King Cobra. The king Cobra is normally marked with V shaped chevrons on the back of the hood and sometimes all the way down the body.

It is very common for rattlesnakes to den up with others to conserve heat and winter together, going their separate ways when the weather warms up.

The snakes removed from under the modular housing unit are doing the owner a favor by keeping the rats and mice away. I worked as a service electrician for a time during my career and I think I would prefer a few snakes under the building instead of some of the other critters I have run across under mobile homes and modular housing. Rats and mice bring disease, fleas, ticks, toxic waste and worst. Now, that said, 45 snakes denning up under the house is something that needs to be mitigated, no argument there. Hopefully the individual collecting them will relocate them to a more conducive environment for their survival. Since he did not kill them and took the time to not just pile them all into a barrel I believe that he probably did the responsible thing with them. Scatter them out over several square miles in open range and let them help keep the vermin under control.

Nature designed them to do just that!!!

I’d agree were you to have said rat snakes, corn snakes, bull snakes, any number of nonvenomous snake. No way that many rattlesnakes under your house is a good thing.

So the tales go, the initial release into the glades was from a couple of pet dealers whose businesses were wrecked by the hurricane and the release was purely accidental. The monkey troops at large were from a couple of labs that did not have secured enclosures. New laws have since been passed to assured enclosure and\or any animals of that nature are properly secured. Any enclosures that cannot be secured the animals have to be removed and placed in secure shipping bins for the duration of the storm. It is too little too late but at least they are trying to mitigate any future species issues from developing.
I never believed that story and if so they should have been jailed. I really meant pythons not monkeys. I say most was from private owners releasing pythons. there are now millions of snake head fish in US waters destroying lake eco systems and they were released by regular people

Last edited:
I wonder if a long-cylinder weapon such as a Walker or Dragoon suits best as a snake-load trail gun. The chambers are deeper than most other guns so you can load more shot.

Try loading with snake/rat shot, #12 shot. Or carry a machete, I would not run around with a cap and ball single action revolver for defense against a venomous snake.
I work with a double action .38 spl revolver loaded with a couple of CCI snake shot shells in it, was bitten 10 years ago by a copper head, my fault as I knelt on it( dry bite to calf), I'm more concerned with the rare interaction with cotton mouths as I've been chased by them before, they get testy for no reason .

I wonder if a long-cylinder weapon such as a Walker or Dragoon suits best as a snake-load trail gun. The chambers are deeper than most other guns so you can load more shot.
Be SURE to put a really stiff card over the lead-shot so it does not inertially "bullet-pull" over the 2nd shot and explode your cylinder.

Always thought this little guy looked promising. Yes, it is a black powder 12ga.

Attachments

• C54BAD98-CC3B-43BC-BC4B-5D111CBAADE3.png
    C54BAD98-CC3B-43BC-BC4B-5D111CBAADE3.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 55
Be SURE to put a really stiff card over the lead-shot so it does not inertially "bullet-pull" over the 2nd shot and explode your cylinder.

Use a 45 caliber metal gas check.

Back