• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Beginning work on hand cannon number 2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commodore Swab

Blunderbuss Builder
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It will be a long road to completion but thought you might like to see. I am building a second hand cannon, the first was dubbed "The Cannonbuss" and was a 1 inch bore. This one has a howitzer bore 1.5" barrel, 1" breech to help lighten it a little. It is cast vertical and then bored out of silicone bronze. weight is about 30 pounds and will be receiving a doglock and stock similar to the first. I will be working on filing rings at Alafia Rendezvous while I am there.

Attachments

• IMG_20141016_005147.jpg
    IMG_20141016_005147.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 20200107_080628.jpg
    20200107_080628.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 20200107_080637.jpg
    20200107_080637.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 229
Ok, I see now, this is a just for fun steam punk one-off build. Terrific build but I'd never make or buy it. I had enough of humping heavy guns when I was assigned to Heavy Guns at Weapons Company.

it takes balls to shoot something like that!! and powder, I don't mean JOHNSON & JOHNSON!!!

Well, I absolutely love it.
If I were close enough, I would beg for a visit so I could go shoot it.
(I am a recoil junkie)
You would bet the recoil is pretty tame, it has enough mass to absorb a pretty stout load.

The date on it is late 1600, a ships swivel adapted for more accurate firing from the mast down on a quarter deck thus the lock adaptation while retaining the trunniuns. Also it is something that could be carried ashore for a raid on a town, not steampunk at all. Number 2 has a 1.5" bore and is 1" at the breech allowing for better use of grape shot.

12239696_10203495177618732_1203164493996173752_n.jpg

I have done steampunk before

Attachments

• IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 164
The date on it is late 1600, a ships swivel adapted for more accurate firing from the mast down on a quarter deck thus the lock adaptation while retaining the trunniuns. Also it is something that could be carried ashore for a raid on a town, not steampunk at all. Number 2 has a 1.5" bore and is 1" at the breech allowing for better use of grape shot.

View attachment 28798

I am going to steal that picture!
It does get any better than that!!!!!

View attachment 28798

I stand corrected. Nice photo

pray tell what is STEAM PUNK??? is it a gun fired by steam?
Ever see Mad Max????? That's STEAMPUNK
LOL, from the dictionary -
"a style of design and fashion that combines historical elements with anachronistic technological features inspired by science fiction.
"the essence of steampunk is homage to vintage fashion with a modern, sassy twist"

I love it. The piece is constructed of period correct parts and uses period correct powder and projectiles. It is decididly assembled in a "STEAMPUNK" fashion... I Love the shoulder strap - excellent touch!

Back