• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ram lever extension

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not an extension really, but for the .44 caliber 1851 sheriff model I got a short piece of tough red hydraulic hose to stick in my pocket. A longer handle could better help with being consistent in loading shot to shot.
How about a piece of thick wall brass tubing?

Not an extension really, but for the .44 caliber 1851 sheriff model I got a short piece of tough red hydraulic hose to stick in my pocket. A longer handle could better help with being consistent in loading shot to shot.
How about a piece of thick wall brass tubing?
Or I can find like a 1" diameter by maybe 6" and take it to my buddy and drill a hole in on end. Orr see the next post. I will check that out 1st

I fing the issurs not that the lever length won't do the job but more that it's hard on my hand, pokes and cuts. One solution I found that helps was using .451 ball. Doesn't ring as good as a .454 but easier to ram non the less. Addition of a piece of leather to wrap around the sharpe edged latch helps with either.

Take the ram off your shooter and take a trip down to the hardware store and have a look around I am sure they will have something that will suit your needs. 😉 Then post a pic and show us what you came up with.

I use a 8inch section of 1/2in (16) CANTEX rigid PVC to act as an extension on my break barrel air pistol an it is tough as nails and doesn't weigh anything much.

For what he charges, the SliX hand looks really great. I wouldn't want to make one for $20

Back