• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRADE Trade offer For Rifle !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA.flinter

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi guys, I see some extremely skilled craftsmen on here and I find myself less and less interested in the Lymans that I currently own. I want something nicer.

I’m wondering if any of you builders would be interested in a trade. I have a vacation home in the Poconos (northeast Pennsylvania) and I would offer a free stay for you and your family in exchange for a rifle.

This could be purely a relaxing trip for you. Or we can set some type of Hunt up while you were here. We have very good turkey, bear and deer hunting.

If you have any questions about the offer or would be interested in the trade, shoot me a message. Thanks

Man I wish I were one of those talented builders.
Don’t be afraid to make some other kind of offer! I’m also working on swapping a hunting trip on a guys farm in Indiana right now for a free stay. I would consider any offer

Your post was moved because it is against the forum rules for a person to post a FOR SALE, WANTED or TRADE post anywhere except the Classified Ad section of the forum.
Although you are wanting someone to build you a gun in trade for lodging, the Gun Builder's Bench is not the place to post it.

Your post was moved because it is against the forum rules for a person to post a FOR SALE, WANTED or TRADE post anywhere except the Classified Ad section of the forum.
Although you are wanting someone to build you a gun in trade for lodging, the Gun Builder's Bench is not the place to post it.
I never questioned the move at all. Makes sense to me

Just a suggestion but if one were to rent a similar house in the same area, post the estimated value including number of days it would include. You might also want to post what amenities your vacation house has, community pool, hot tub, lake front view, private landing strip, if any. Just as there is a big difference in a fishing shack with 2 electric outlets and a curtain around the toilet versus a 5 bedroom log cabin that is fully staffed with a professional guide and gourmet chef, such is the difference between a $1200 semi-custom rifle with a "standard" grade maple stock versus a $12,000 flintlock with gold wire inlays, relief carved stock made from flame burled black walnut with exactly the right LOP, cast off and drop for you and you alone. You also have to realize that even the well known companies to the most exclusive builder have waiting times of a few months up to several years. It just helps to put things in perspective so that your expectations are in line with whomever you choose to build your rifle.

I did something similar when I purchased my first "custom" rifle, although not near the value of what you are offering. I sent my right handed Lyman Trade rifle to a builder who gave me credit for whatever parts he didn't use in building a left handed rifle with the correct LOP and cast off to fit me. It was then that I began to understood why it's better save up for something truly worthy than to go cheap for immediate but only temporary satisfaction.

No. There is no list of builders on the forum.
If you spend some time reading the posts in the Gun Builder's Bench, you should be able to figure out who some of the builders are and then try contacting them directly using the "Conversation" (PM) feature.
Be aware though, most of the ones who make a business of building guns have months or even years of backlog and they will need to finish the guns they've already committed to before they can start building a gun for you.

No. There is no list of builders on the forum.
If you spend some time reading the posts in the Gun Builder's Bench, you should be able to figure out who some of the builders are and then try contacting them directly using the "Conversation" (PM) feature.
Be aware though, most of the ones who make a business of building guns have months or even years of backlog and they will need to finish the guns they've already committed to before they can start building a gun for you.
Absolutely understand that. I should state that it doesn’t really need to be a custom gun. I would be more than happy with an already completed rifle if they have some in stock.

wow this is an interesting thread. hope it works out. If it does you are obviously obligated to post pictures of the rifle

Back