• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Georgia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlam

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hey folks!

I don't have a black powder firearm now, but I've owned several in the past.

Looking to get into a smoothbore 20 ga. flintlock.
Either a English trade gun or a French fusil de chase.

Thanks,

Eric

Welcome to the forum. The members here are incredibly helpful and range from beginner to master on any topic. Don't hesitate if you need help with something.

Eric, Welcome to the forum! You have the great opportunity to research each rifle in depth before you decide which one would be right for you. You can use the search feature here on the forum and research each rifle finding the Pros and Cons on each. As always you can also ask any specific questions about each. The members here have decades of experience and knowledge. I am sure alot of them own both these rifles that they either purchased or built from scratch. Every detail is usually noted on each of these rifles. You have come to the greatest place to research, gain knowledge, and ultimately make informed decisions. I often ask for counsel from our members prior to making a muzzleloader purchase. They have always steered me in the right direction and have saved me from myself! A good bunch of folks who would be more than glad to give you accurate, detailed information and advice. It will give you alot of food for thought prior to making your ultimate choice. Welcome aboard! Please let us know what you decide on. Hope to hear from you in the future. Respectfully, cowboys1062 :hatsoff:

Thanks fellas for the fine welcome!

I've already learned a lot here from reading a good bit in the smoothbore forum.... lot's of helpful folks here.

Thanks,
Eric

Welcome aboard. A 20 guage smoothie is darn close to a one sized do it all gun imo. Look forward to seeing it whe you get it.

Back