• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question about changing sights on my T/C Hawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakercity

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Based primarily on poor eye sight, I am considering putting peep sight system on my T/C Hawk. Any suggestions on makes of peeps that may fit? Thanks

Lyman & Williams both make a peepsight specifically for the T/C Hawken. the Lyman is the model 57sml don't know what the Williams model designation is. with either ya hafta drill & tap one hole in the tang if yer gun doesn't already have the third one in it. T/C used to make their own but they're discontinued & when ya find one they tend to be overpriced.

bubba.50 said:
...with either ya hafta drill & tap one hole in the tang if yer gun doesn't already have the third one in it....

Yeah, that depends on the "generation" of the Hawken, with older ones needing tapping and newer ones not.

The TC sights are a treasure if you can find them. Much smaller than the Lyman or Williams. Pedersoli makes what they call a Ghost Creedmoor that looks virtually identical to the old TC's, though I haven't seen one first hand. A pretty good number of my rifles wear TC's, so I haven't had to try the Pedersoli. But the day is coming sooner than later.

Only big difference I see, the aperture appears not to be threaded like the TC. Not a problem for me since I usually remove the screw-in inserts, but maybe a problem for someone that prefers a smaller aperture. Threading might solve it, but speculation.

bakercity said:
Based primarily on poor eye sight, I am considering putting peep sight system on my T/C Hawk.
Any suggestions on makes of peeps that may fit? Thanks

I've never heard of a T/C Hawk, so I'm unclear on what T/C you have. :surrender:

Do you have a Hawken, or a Grey Hawk, or a Thunder Hawk, or a Tree Hawk ? :confused:

I put the Lyman sight on one of my Hawkens and on the front I used a Williams sight with a gold bead. works great. you can also get the Williams sight with a fiber-optic bead for even better visibility.

I also have the Lyman 57 SML on mine. I hunt w/ it without the apeture scewed in. It works like a ghost ring sight and is fast to acquire the target especially in early morning light. I have taken two deer w/it so far. If you are target shooting just screw the apeture back in. Great sight even though it is a little big.

Skinner make a very good peep for the TC Hawken! I put one on my Traditions Crockett and love it! He makes one specific for the TC!

how well does that T/C skinner work bein' mounted way out on the barrel like that?

You might want to check out the "Skinner" barrel mounted peep sight. They have ones that fit a standard 3/8" dovetail, but I don't know if they have ones that use the existing drilled sight holes on a T/C barrel. Check their web sight.

Fyrstyk

Latest posts

Back