• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Holster for pocket 1849

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whats (or who makes) a good holster that will fit a pocket 1849? Looking for inexpensive one that will be worn on a belt? I like the lil guy and wouldn't mind carrying it on my hikes some times but would want it more accessibly than a bag and not real comfortable with it stuffed in the jeans! Anybody got one?

Dixie Gun Works has one that I'm quite happy with. $39.95.

Warmest Regards,
Robert

TANDY LEATHER COMPANY published a book on holster-making some years ago, which is LIKELY available at your public library or through ILL.
(The last that I heard, the book HOLSTERMAKING is "out of print".)

In the 1840-1865 period, MOST holsters were REALLY simple designs & even a "rank beginner" like me can make a "pistol pocket" by hand in relatively few hours.

yours, satx

as a left handed shooter i found gun leather kinda hard to find so i been making my own holsters for years, they are not that difficult and it shouldn't be too hard to find patterns on the net, also some back issues of backwoodsman magazine have good instructions on making your own.

Back