• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My bags to be shown on the History Channel!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David W.

70 Cal.
Reaction score
I hope this post is allowed. If it gets deleted, I understand.

I work with leather, mostly making black powder, or "possibles bags". I recently sold several that will be aired on the History channel. It will be called "History of the Texas Rangers" after the Alamo through to the formation of the Republic. My bags will be shown on the first segment "Texas Rising". I don't know when it will begin, but will try and find out.

No I haven't, but I'd like to.

satx78247 said:
CONGRADS!!!!!

Have you been to THE TEXAS RANGER MUSEUM in Waco, TX??? - LOTS of early things there.

yours, satx

I heard (3rd hand from a HS classmate) that all of PVT Roger Wills "remaining personal effects" were donated to the museum by the last living woman in his family about 6 months ago.
PVT Wills was a Texas Ranger from about 1836-55, when he died of disease.

Unfortunately, Lyndy __________ doesn't know WHAT items were donated to the museum, as the local newspaper didn't give any more information than that the donation was made by the aged relative.

Addenda to readers: In those days, there were few (or possibly NO) full-time TX Rangers, as the Republic of Texas & later the State of Texas had little money to pay full-time LE officers, so Rangers served when they were "called out".
Rangers did "something else" for a living & records indicate that most Rangers were farmers/ranchers.

yours, satx

Most of them being ranchers is my understanding. I hope I get to travel there one day.

satx78247 said:
I heard (3rd hand from a HS classmate) that all of PVT Roger Wills "remaining personal effects" were donated to the museum by the last living woman in his family about 6 months ago.
PVT Wills was a Texas Ranger from about 1836-55, when he died of disease.

Unfortunately, Lyndy __________ doesn't know WHAT items were donated to the museum, as the local newspaper didn't give any more information than that the donation was made by the aged relative.

Addenda to readers: In those days, there were few (or possibly NO) full-time TX Rangers, as the Republic of Texas & later the State of Texas had little money to pay full-time LE officers, so Rangers served when they were "called out".
Rangers did "something else" for a living & records indicate that most Rangers were farmers/ranchers.

yours, satx

Thank you for all the positive comments. My bags are essentially simple, but that was the norm. Only the few upper crust had elaborate accouterments.

Back