• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spanish repro Brown Bess ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdick

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy folks
Has anyone seen or heard of Spanish made Brown Bess reproductions ?
See you through the smoke :thumbsup:
Reiver XXV

how old. stronger eons ago imported all types of repros from Europe. Belgium, Italy and spain.

I would guess maybe up to 50 years old. It's been proofed here in UK for 3 1/4 drams and 1 1/4 oz ball. It has the number 2 stamped on underside if the barrel. It has BP proof marks on the barrel just in front of the wedding band along with what is legally used as the serial number "123". On the inside of the lock it again has the number 2 stamped on one of the lock parts.Does anyone have similar numbers or markings on their reproductions?
Reiver XXV

Breech end of barrel. I will post photos once I get back from leave.
Reiver XXV

You are on leave from the Scottish Borders? Wow, they ARE taking this independence thing seriously!

Good one Alden, yep we're stocking up on powder n ball ready to repel boarders. I'm a proud Scot and a proud Briton as well. On this field of battle there will be no surrender !
God save the Queen !
Reiver XXV :thumbsup:
Ps Salmond will be designing his uniform as he speaks lol

Guilty as charged Sir ! Ancestors served in the 42nd Regiment of Foot The Royal Highland Regiment commonly known as The Black Watch as well as the 25th of Foot The Kings Own Scottish Borderers.
Back in the day the Yes campaigners would have been shot for sedition !
See you through the smoke :thumbsup:
Reiver XXV

Back