• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Phoenix AZ-4/28-3/29 Ben Avery Expo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Countdown to the Outdoor Expo ”“ 10 days until the big day

March 19, 2014

PHOENIX -- There are just 10 days left until gates open at 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 28, for the two-day Arizona Game and Fish Outdoor Expo at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix. Admission and parking are free. There is a nominal fee of $5 or less for some shooting sports (.22 rifles, shotguns, pistols).

Join us for this day of family fun, where there’s something to interest and intrigue everyone.

NEW - Kayaking on Lake Paddlemore (3 types of kayaks)
Catch-and-release fishing for kids with free souvenir photo
Try out shotguns, pistols, rifles, black powder firearms, and more (adults and youngsters)
Archery target shooting
Cowboy Mounted Shooting competitions
Rock crawlers ”“ OHVs ”“ ATVs
Hawks, reptiles, small mammals and other critters
Live presentations on birds of prey, urban fishing, reptiles
Fishing pro demonstrations
Boating and safety exhibits
Hunting dog presentation
Navigate a field course
Food, beverage and concessions for sale by vendors
150 exhibitors ”“ outdoor recreation, conservation groups, displays by firearm manufacturers, and more
Concessionaires will have food and beverages available for purchase, and many accept only cash. There is a nominal charge for ammunition at some of the target shooting venues.

Expo hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 29, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, March 30. The 2014 Outdoor Expo is easy to get to, located on Carefree Highway, about 1/2 mile west of I-17 in Phoenix.

Gold sponsors of this year’s Outdoor Expo are Cabela's, Arizona State Credit Union and Waste Management. Silver sponsors are Iron City-Arizona's Polaris Dealer, Arizona State Parks, AWC Silencers, Mule Deer Foundation, NRA Sports, Sportsman's Warehouse, U.S. Sportsman's Alliance Foundation and Weatherby Foundation International.

For more information, visit www.azgfd.gov/expo.

All it takes is volunteers, hard work, and lot of sweat. Nothing starts out big, you learn by doing, and if your are successful, it is called a success. It it flops you are called a failure.

Ben Avery has been luck because they have alot of volunteers who have been volunteering many years. They keep coming back because the "range" does things to than the volunteers like pancake breakfasts, barbecues, etc.

Also Ben Avery Range lives off grants, use-age fee, a lot of volunteer hours annually, and not the State Supporting it.

Many in our society sit on the sideline, and just watch the world go past their faces. Want to make something happen, then start a project & work for success.

Ended yesterday, the event had 15-18 Thousand Visitors. I did not go as I was down with the Fu Bug, and yes I still feel like elcrapo.

Nephew took family, and said a ML Club was there letting people shoot a smoke pole.

I would call it another success, bigger than last year, with more hands on for the kids. Got to get the kids out in fresh air, and away from electronic games.

Back