• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lyaman GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo dunlap

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently decided to get back into black powder rifles. I've owned Thompson's in the past but wanted something different this time around.

I traded for a GPR in 50 cal percussion. It has been modified and has tang peep and globe front sight.

This was pointed out by the previous owner. He never mentioned any other changes but it only has a single trigger. From what I can find on the net all GPR came with set triggers.

Could this be an aftermarket trigger or did Lyman produce GPR with single triggers .

Thanks for any information.

I'm curious to learn the source of a good single trigger for the GPR. I almost never use the set trigger on hunts. I switched to the Davis Deerslayer because the front trigger is such good quality. But if a single was cheaper and worked as well, I'd switch.

The only "single trigger" I've ever seen on a GPR is when someone has removed the rear trigger for whatever reason.
I know of no company that makes a production single trigger aftermarket that just drops in, but that someone could have made one themselves, :idunno:

I looked to see if there was a hole for a second trigger. There's no hole or slot and the trigger guard is not elongated.

The trigger feels good and looks to be of good quality. If anyone as changed out you original trigger I'm curious if you liked it or switched back.

Can you post a photo of the rifle? I'm curious to see it with a single trigger.

What the chance that the trade or deerstalker trigger would work on the GPR?

That's why I was hoping for a pic, on the off chance it was the Trade rifle. :grin:

I sent a pic to Willamette T .
It is most definitely a GPR. clearly marked on the barrel.

Here is a pic of Bo's GPR trigger. Very interesting as I've never seen a GPR with this setup. :idunno:

Nope, those factory singles are a one piece trigger/trigger guard deal .

I think it's just a nicely done custom job. What makes it tuff to do is the width of the trigger inlet, it's wider than most trigger plate offerings, the trigger plate needs to be custom made.
Then to make it nice the single trigger needs to be moved back just a hair.

Custom job, Nice. Where'd ya get it?

Here is a photo of the Lyman Trade trigger with and without the trigger guard.
P3090001.jpg

P3090002.jpg

I traded a guy for it about 6 mos ago. Ive never been around the Lyman's so I didn't think to much about the single trigger.

I just made it up to the Gun Works to buy some black powder. Hope to get it out to the range before long . the peep and globe sight sure make for a great set up.

Thanks for posting the pic . I'm using my phone so I can't get anything to post.

No problem! Those folks at the Gun Works are great ain't they? :grin: I go down and see them and pick up most of my stuff there. Already bought a couple of rifles from them.

Back