• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My New Smoothie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsax26

45 Cal.
Reaction score
So I finally got some pics of my smoothie, its almost done! I ahve a .58 colerain, swamped barrel, Davis trigger and Lock and im guessing maple stock? not sure hard to tell from the pics...but as you can see shes almost done!! so for my next question.....should I leave her in the white or brown her? I really cant decide....im 50/50 I really like both!
pwrb.jpg
ji8t.jpg

Pookey:
If you lose it down the outhouse like you did your keys, that would give it some patina! :rotf:
Nit Wit

Bryon said:
having never owned a gun int he white.....how much harder is it to keep it rust free?
I have two guns in the white. they are no harder to keep from rusting in fact i think they are a little easier. anything that does begin to develop becomes part of the patina. but everybody likes what they like.

Nit Wit....I hope to god I dont lose an entire gun down the outhouse....lol I was thinking the same thing colorado....darker stock and white metal

I used cold blue in a tube(forget the name).

I then took a Skotch Brite pad and rubbed it back.

TinStar

The wood needs some finish on it for sure. I think it would look better stained, but in any case you need something to seal it from moisture, water, dirt, fouling, and other stuff that will otherwise destroy it.

Back