• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

EIG 1851 Brasser

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc7x64

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just picked up an 1851 Navy brass frame from a co-worker today for $60.00. Its in excellent condition. I know that EIG is/was the importer and says made in Italy. Aside from the proof marks all over it, there is no manufacturer's name. Im not too saavy at posting pics. Does anybody know anything about these? EIG and Italy are also written on the bottom of the grip frame. Caliber is .36.

Among the "proof marks all over it" will be a symbol, probably in a shield, oval or diamond, etc. That will be the maker's "Cartouche". A description of these should allow us to help. A single capital letter or double capital letters in a box will be the 'year code' of manufacture...let us know this as well. :thumbsup:

O.K. the capital letters are PN and there is also a shield with a star above it. Try as I may I cant make out whats in the shield, perhaps a crossbow? Also Roman "XXV". Star inside a circle or wreath is also above the PN. Thanks for any help! My Buddy said the frame swaps out with the one on his Pietta Navy. This gun has more of an original Colt contour, and much better grip finish than my new Pietta steel frame Sheriff's model '51. If it works I will give this gun to my youngest Son (12yo)who unlike my oldest, is cap and ball poor at this time.....poor kid :(

Zonie's list is pretty complete.
1) XXV- year code for 1969
2) PN w/ star-Gardond/Brescia proof house; PN-black powder proof
3)maker's code should be "U" for Uberti; FAP in diamond for Pietta; DGG for Armi Sam Paolo(now Euro Armes); AC in oval for Armi/Sport; Lion in circle and/or ASM for Armi San Marco or possibly "dp" for Pedersoli(though not probable).

Hope all this helps!

I have what appears to be the letter "B" inside of the letter "C" or possibly "G" on the bottom strap of the grip frame alongside "EIG" and "Italy"? This symbol is not on the list? Thanks for the info Guys!....1969...The year I was born :)

Back