• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

58cal Hawkin puts a old buck down!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy A. Potter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This old buck has been running these hills for many years, I first seen him back in 08. He's has been a real challenge to hunt and I actually haven't seen him at all this year. He's had a ruff season that's for sure he has a broken left main beam his left eye is gone not counting a healing broken right rear femur right side. Tuff old buck and looking at his teeth he appears to be 9.5 yrs. old. I was using 90g of Black powder and a PRB thanks for looking.

null_zps4812cac1.jpg

null_zps4351d552.jpg

Tracy

Terrific buck for sure...and if he was that old he was past his time and would really be slowing down now, coyotes could get him while he was still alive, etc...may have done him a favor.
:thumbsup:

Excellent buck and I too think it was his time! Congratulations. :thumbsup:

He defently had gone down in size rack wise the last few years and as bad as his back leg was he wasn't really limping at all. I think your right about it being his time and not sure if he would have made it another year. He offered me up a perfect broadside shot at 14yds I like those kind of shots. Thanks!

Tracy

A one-eyed buck with half a rack and a broken back leg 14 yards away? Is there a special tag for "suicide"!?

Nice Hawken by the way.

Nice job. Always bittersweet for me when an old monarch of the hills breathes his last breath. Looks like he was near the end of his time on this earth. I'm glad he died at the hands of a hunter rather than starving and being pulled down by coyotes.

On another note, is that a T/C rifle you have there? It sure is pretty.

Jeff

I've got a 10 pointer that's been around here for I know the past 5-6 yrs,one of these days,we shall meet close enough, Congrats on your success!

Some nice respectfull comments for that ole' deer.

I like how you knew him for so long and I can feel the excitement of having him in your sights at 14yds and then maybe the regrets after....been there done that.

Well done and thanks for sharing :hatsoff:

Brits.

As that buck and I can testify, as you get older, you get more careless. And sure enough some whippersnapper puts a round ball in ya. :shocked2:

Congrats!

That is a real trophy and to kill him the way you did is even better. Congrats!

Roguedog said:
On another note, is that a T/C rifle you have there? It sure is pretty.

Jeff

Thanks! The rifle is a Investarm made in Italy. Its quite a shooter and it really like RB's but will shoot bullets just fine. :grin:

Tracy

Latest posts

Back