• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hog hunt in north ga.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwtradegun

50 Cal.
Reaction score
anyone in area interested in a 1700s to 1840s hog hunt. this would be in the swallow creek manage. area. this is above hellen ga.

Too bad I live in South Al now. I use to live in Buford,Ga. Right at the I95 Exit. I would go with you if I still lived up there. Helen isn't that far of a drive.

I live in East Tn have been around the location you mentioned but not fam with that management area can you describe it for me,but I don't have any period clothes.

Would love to meet folk an hunt,,but I only wear jeans & flannel,served me fine for 40+ yrs now

not interested 100 percent in historical correctness. only firearms no inlines. mangment area is about 10 miles north of Helen on ga. hy 75. during small game season hogs can be hunted with small game weapons ie any muzzleloading firearms. regs show it is small game only till 2-28-14.

could really be interested. Live in Marietta and shoot frequently up in Jasper. But have not heard of many hogs up this way.

john

From what I've seen around it seems like the pigs are more scarce up there but are much nicer looking with better, more euro looking coats. I've wanted to go spend 3 or 4 days creeping around Cohutta to try to get into one of those really nice pigs for a long time.

I've been mulling trying to arrange a winter forum get together at Ocmulgee or Horse creek for a while. They've got good porkulations and it would give the yankees a chance to come down here and thaw out.

Can't help remembering Maj. George Nonte's pictures of a hog hunt with a Walker replica back in the late 60's or early 70's. Basically, it amounted to chasing him round and round a big cactus or century plant till the cylinder was empty and Senor Oink finally tired out from hauling that much lead weight around! Thanks for bringing that one to mind! Good luck! You'll need it!! :wink: :thumbsup:

No, he means the other kind of walker. :stir:

He's mocking my self inflicted injuries (as any military person would). 2 broken toes, followed closely by a serious, serious injury to my R arm having transformed me into a 116 year old man.

that's ok, I have a nice new size 11 Danner with his rear ends name on it. :slap:

Latest posts

Back