• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Muzzleloadingforum Friendship Woodswalk Fall 2013

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Elmer I knew that you had to have one of the higher scores :hatsoff: glad I was in the same group

Congratulations!

It sounds like everybody had a wonderful time.

Silex

PS: I know the feeling of getting hooked by this friendly bunch - there is no way back now :grin:

Glad you enjoyed it.
You did really real for the first time shooting a muzzleloader. That is not an easy course.
It occurred to me afterwards that you never got to shoot a flintlock. Next time around we will have to take care of that. Unless of course, you are shooting your own by then.
While you were at Friendship, I hope you were able to get some idea of what you are going to build. It seems like Commercial Row gets a little more sparse with each shoot. This is the first time in decades that I didn’t see Wayne Dunlap there.
Check the club listings in Muzzle Blasts and find the ones nearest you. Go to a shoot or two, watch, ask questions, and as soon as you are ready, jump in.
Hope to see you at the June 2014 Woods Walk shoot.

Oh, and by the way. We all screwed up by not getting a group shot before we started. We will all have to remember that next time.

I did get to shoot a flintlock! Jethro had the same reaction as you. We were walking away when all of sudden he wheels around and very excitedly tells me that I need to shoot a flintlock.

He loads it for me. I take aim at the first station, the bent bunny, and powPOW! Now there is only one chain and a swinging bunny. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling. Percussion is fun. Flintlock is better. Absolute 14-year-old boy stuff. I'm smiling just thinking about it.

I'm glad you had a good time shootin' with us chawk. More than happy to help out a new guy when I can. Just payin' it forward.
You did pretty good for a first timer too. :thumbsup:

You guys shoulda seen him grinnin' when we left the woodswalk. I was half afraid his smile was gonna meet in the back and his head would fall off. :haha:

Grats on your victory 1sgt. :hatsoff: Good shootin'! You might even get a medal to display alongside that plate.

Sorry Silex, I forgot my camera. :redface: Didn't get to take any pictures this time.

No worries - I live through it :grin:

How did the defence of fort match work out?

Silex

The Fort Greenville smoothbore match was a hoot! I liked it better with smoothbores than with rifles.
We had 4 teams of 3 participate. Team two won with 7 hits. My team placed 2nd with 6 hits.
Could be a regular event. :idunno: Depends on Grizz.

Sounds like a lot of fun, too.
Did you use the Bess?
How far did Grizz put the targets?

You know I am kinda inclined to smoothbored guns - oh boy it is not helping the itch... :grin:

Silex

Yep, I used my Bess for the Fort shoot. The target was @ 50 yards I'd guess.
Maybe when you get to come again Grizz will be running another smoothbore Fort Greenville. :thumbsup:

It was a fun Sun. am on the woodswalk course, our group had a close contest all through. Congrats to Elmer on 1st place! I went back Mon. am and rang up a 15 score and Tues. am went to the urgent care in Madison with an infection in my leg ending my week, but the TMA people were great to see.

Barry Geipel said:
I shot with Master Blaster and 1sgt in the Spring woods walks and was amazed at their skill. I made a point to shoot with them again so I could watch and learn.

Barr

We had a great group to shoot with. I enjoyed it more than in June. You had to be the most improved shooter. That new rifle is very accurate. Thanks for taking the picture of our group. We got home at noon today.

Back