• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A Spout For Those Plastic GOEX Canisters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's using the old noodle. :thumbsup: Congrats on a great idea. :hatsoff:

wvbuckbuster said:
Does this mean that I have to buy a tractor? :rotf: Dan.

Well Dan, I guess you could do that. :grin:

But there's got to be other options. Hmmm - let's see. :hmm:

OK - how about this? (You do brush your teeth, don't you? :wink:

doh2.gif

Good idea. :thumbsup:

Now, I know the old timers already know this so I'm talking to the new muzzleloaders here.

As neat and easy to use as these spouts are, do not be tempted to pour any kind of gunpowder directly from the spout to the bore of your gun.

Pour the powder into a separate powder measure and recap the spout.
Then use the powder measure to pour the powder into the barrel.

Although the chance is very small, a lingering ember or bit of smoldering fouling can ignite the new powder charge and the last thing anyone would want is to be holding a open can of powder in the ensuing flame.

It's always good to note that for the new guys Zonie.

Now here's another one if you're a flintlocker and need a handy priming flask at the bench.

It's just a matter of scale.

I just use a powder funnel to pour the powder into one of the metal cans that 40 years ago I had soldered on modified .223 brass to make a spout. the spout is capped with .38 Lg. Colt brass with a dab of silicone sealer inside the base to seal.

I've got nuthin' good to say about those big, round, awkward plastic jugs. I can fit 2 of the old rectangular metal cans into the same space that one of those new fangled round jobbies will occupy.

I've got nuthin' good to say about those big, round, awkward plastic jugs. I can fit 2 of the old rectangular metal cans into the same space that one of those new fangled round jobbies will occupy.

I'm right there with you on that AZ. Packaging GOEX in those plastic jugs is just another sign of the decline of civilization.

All ya need is a funnel and pour the powder into your horn or flask! If ya don't like the new cans, hope ya saved some of the old metal ones.

I was at Dixon's last week or so and Gregg just got in some new-fangled spouts that fit the new plastic Goex bottles. If memory serves correct, RMC may manufacture them. He has those right next to the older Goex spouts for the cans, so they're very easy to find!

Making one yourself (if you have everything you need to do it--I'm not buying the Tractor, lol) is always more gratifying!

Have a nice day fellas!

Dave

Rat Trapper said:
All ya need is a funnel and pour the powder into your horn or flask
There it is, I guess that's why I never really needed a spout or homemade fancy nozzle in the first place, :idunno:
I don't carry a pound container of powder in my pouch.
If I get in a pinch to fill my horn, I just roll a piece of paper into a funnel.

Back