• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabin Creek for Kits?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cabin Creek Muzzleloading seems to have a very solid reputation. I used them for getting a lock tuned/adjusted that was a marginal sparker and they got it working well. In addition, they were prompt and very good to work with.

I'm conjuring up my next build project and I see Cabin Creek also offers "kits." They aren't "cheap" but are priced very well in line with the better kit providers. I see they even have cast off built in on some styles. According to Brad Emig the barrel is already fully inlet...including at the breach, the other inletting requires some final fitting work. In addition, the locks are completely tuned for high-performance already when delivered.

Anyone here ever purchased a kit from Cabin Creek and if so, what are your thoughts on what you got?

P.S. I'm already well aware of ToW, Pecatonica, Chambers, etc. So I don't need people's experiences with them. Only interested in hearing from anyone that may have actually used Cabin Creek for a kit.

I would ask them for the names of ten (10) or so of folks who have purchased kits from them.

Most likely you will receive names of happy campers, but asking such an open ended question on .www is not going to do a lot, love or hate them is what you are going to get.

Go to Bing and ask your question as you posted it here, can not hurt at all, you may find your answer.

Over the years i have bought two "kits " from Brad. I have a third one ordered. Most are a pretty strait forward build.No real problems. i know of two other people who have bought off them and no complaints either.
i would not hesitate if he offers something you desire.

Haven't bought one but I handled them at Ft. Fredrick a couple of years ago and they compare very favorably to other kits I've built. My only issue is that they are very limited in their selection.

Tommy Bruce said:
My only issue is that they are very limited in their selection.

Tommy, I assume you mean gun styles and not options. I too noticed that they did not offer a large variety of styles, but a Virginia was one of my top choices and they offer one of those, so it could work.

Thanks to all who have responded so far. I kind of expected that they would receive good comments just based on my prior experience with them. In fact, I had sent them an email asking some questions and instead of responding by email, Brad actually called me to talk. I thought that was pretty good business and a rare thing now-a-days.

Hey buddy, my first build, two builds ago, was from Brad. A great experience. You will learn much and much will be needed on your part. This is by no means a put it together and go shoot endeavor! All parts are period correct and hand made except for lock and barrel. I have pics of my build if interested. I went to the CLA in LEX again last month and spoke with Brad thanking him for starting me on my love of building these rifles. I'm on my 3rd build now. I'm doing 100% of the build. Barrel inlay etc. if your ever interested in a chat I would be glad to share my involvement and how I came to the advise of using Cabin Creek and Brad. [email protected]

Latest posts

Back